Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are some good aftermarket speakers, here are some brands we have in Canada.

- Kicker
- Alpine
- Energy
- Infinity
- Kenwood
- MTX
- Pioneer
- Ultimate

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have all kickers in mine. Sounds amazing in there now. With kicker 6x9s I decided I don't want a woofer. The 6x9's havea lot of bass

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
i heard MTX is good? have you heard anything? my friend likes to compete, and he thinks he so kickass without a woofer, so its time to show him what real audio sounds like with a woofer ;)

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Ok, well old MTX stuff is top notch. Not so much any more. What are you looking for quantity or quality?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, well old MTX stuff is top notch. Not so much any more. What are you looking for quantity or quality?
probably a bit of both, i heard mtx was good and i was looking and i found a woofer that came with a amp included, what brand would u suggest?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sun down is the shit
DD will put to shame any woofer out there...

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

MTX is good have a part..those where the first ones in the cobalt..then JL W3...an now HI Phonics Brutus 12"'s

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sun down is the shit
DD will put to shame any woofer out there...

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

MTX is good have a part..those where the first ones in the cobalt..then JL W3...an now HI Phonics Brutus 12"'s
never heard of those brands in canada

·
Registered
267 Posts
Have a total of 16 speakers in the cobalt 2100 watts pure listening pleasure..:)

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

The sound stream have been around for awhile and great speakers..they've got a spider for their speaker cover...sound great and look awesome

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I recommend REAudio. Top notch for most people and good prices.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Go online if ya can much cheaper
Sonic electronics or 3kings audio...or even newegg...but make sure ya know what your looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Yup RE audio is great to...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Go online if ya can much cheaper
Sonic electronics or 3kings audio...or even newegg...but make sure ya know what your looking for.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Yup RE audio is great to...
yup, i found the right size speakers for my car, just need to find a amp and woofer thatll work with them

·
Registered
267 Posts
12's take up a lot of trunk space..but are great for true bass..then 10's save space..15's hit harder but sloppy bass...are ya going sealed or ported box?

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Keep in mind what type of music you listen to or going be played a lot through it

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Sealed box- for rock, doesn't move as much air smaller box.
Ported-rap, moves more air but bigger box.
Had sealed for years but just didn't move the mirrors that much now have ported and move some air...

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
12's take up a lot of trunk space..but are great for true bass..then 10's save space..15's hit harder but sloppy bass...are ya going sealed or ported box?

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Keep in mind what type of music you listen to or going be played a lot through it

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Sealed box- for rock, doesn't move as much air smaller box.
Ported-rap, moves more air but bigger box.
Had sealed for years but just didn't move the mirrors that much now have ported and move some air...
its going to be right up against the seats in the back almost and id probably go with a 10" or a 12" and make a bracket so it dont move

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'd go, and hate to say it go with kicker:( since that what available to you...everybody rants about them...but not my choice I always say kicker to the curb.....

---------- Post added at 11:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Keep in mind your spare tires back there also.
So make sure your able to get to it if ya get a flat..had to make a sub-floor for mine...an the main battery wire is under the rear seats coming up to trunk so watch out not to pinch it or drill into it...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Wish ya best of luck..anymore ? Try and help ya out..I tore mine down to the skeleton and sound deadener every where...a complete custom airbrush, stereo, graphics,etc through the whole car...kind of excited on how it's gonna get the hits here..nothing here thats close to what I've put into it....slow will post pics of it...for some reason it posting the upside down..as learn how to post pics on threads..:)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wish ya best of luck..anymore ? Try and help ya out..I tore mine down to the skeleton and sound deadener every where...a complete custom airbrush, stereo, graphics,etc through the whole car...kind of excited on how it's gonna get the hits here..nothing here thats close to what I've put into it....slow will post pics of it...for some reason it posting the upside down..as learn how to post pics on threads..:)
thanks, and best of luck to you too! ;D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.