Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Yay go me
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this one not to bad but i just have some ?. I threw a check engine light then i had my friend read it and clear it. It was a oxygen sensor light. Yes i know i should replace but listen first lol. He cleared it i didint come on for a week then it come on for a day and went back off the next day. Then for the past month it hasent been on and now it back on. I know it going to go off in a day or two im just wondering if it could be something else. Like a short or something. I dont wanna have to buy a senors when the light comes on and off every couple of months.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I've had this code thrown on me before (06 LT Coupe), and all I had to do was tighten the gas cap. Cleared the code afterwards, and my Balt hasn't thrown (that code) again in over 2 years. The sad thing about Balts (and any newer car) is that when they throw one code, it could be for 2 different things. The O2 sensor is either the O2 sensor or a bad/loose gas cap. The Throttle Position Sensor code is either need a new TPS or just the throttle body is gummed up and needs cleaned.

·
Sneezing Daily
1,155 Posts
Punk, what is the P code that comes up? I can prob. tell you what it may be or that will give us a better idea...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.