Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my cobalt about a month ago and have already done some stuff to it like painting the grill black instead of the crappy gray it was, painted the bow ties black, painted the rear bumper lip black from the gray it was, painted the brakes a burnt copper color, and did 20% tint all around. so i was wondering what else I should do on the exterior

Here is a pic of it so far other than the tint haven't got a pic of it since it was just done yesterday

·
Registered
83 Posts
Shorty Antenna, Tinted Taillights, Lowering Springs, Halo's (If you're into them), HID's.
As for the Evo Mod IMO I don't think the Evo Mod will look great without the lip kit. OH! you could also put the Lip Kit on.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Id lower the car, nice wheels and tint. Thats it. I'm more about clean cars without all that crap haha. Spend the money you would on tail lights, headlights and HIDs on a blower.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
i wouldnt even change the wheels, the ss wheels are sexy stock. just lower it, and youll be makin a good start
Yeah. I don't see too many rims on the SS/SCs that look better than stock... aside from SS/TC ones.

Only problem with the SS/SC rims is that they're heavy and the finish on them is typical GM "flake after 2 years" crap.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Getting rid of that shark fin on top and replacing it with smaller XM receiver. XFE did it and it looks good

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Retrofit Projectors FTW!!!! and LED/tinted tails :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do want to lower it but for around where I live it would be pretty rough since the roads suck and the winters are harsh. ive been looking to get a halo and hid kit found a few on ebay.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I do want to lower it but for around where I live it would be pretty rough since the roads suck and the winters are harsh. ive been looking to get a halo and hid kit found a few on ebay.
My roads are worse guaranteed! And I'm lowered on b&g's with fe5-tc suspension. Trust me it's worth it to lower it. You still have more than enough ground clearance for winter or bad roads. I have yet to bottom out. If you're still worried, lower on eibach pro kit and it will give good stance and performance without going too low.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
rice: projectors, narrow wheels with bad fitment and poor tire choices, chrome, tinted tail lights, "murdering out" your car, big wings (you can pull it off if your car's style calls for one)

not rice: lowering springs/coilovers, nice wide wheels, good tire choice, depo oem style headlights, basically making it look like it's ready for the track. you can't put canards on a car with stock ride height, it looks ricey. but if you put canards on a car that's slammed, wide wheels and looks track ready then the more canards the better!

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

quit being a sissy girl, see my car in the sig? i drive it year round like this. it's a new challenge driving it this low, it's like the road is an obstacle course. but it keeps me out of trouble and makes me feel proud of my car.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Rice= Modifying your car to make it look like it has credentials it doesn't. Non-performance related modification that are intended to look otherwise.

Just avoid the above.

P.S. "Murdering Out" may be "Played Out" but it is not rice.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.