Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I am kinda new to the site, I have an 05 White Cobalt LS. Sorry I dont have any pics to post of it yet but they will be posted soon. Over the weekend my brother and I decided to do the mesh grill, I noticed some of the pics ppl on here posted when they did theirs so just thought it would look pretty cool. But now I am looking for other ideas, I had a few but didnt know how they would work out. I wanted to do a pink and white theme, i wanted to paint my dash (the silver parts) pink, wanted to do my bowtie pink and just for now paint my stock rims and I dont mean paint the whole rim but like the divet areas would be pink and also do my calipers pink. I am sure most of you guys wont be feelin this idea so if you dont like this idea could you give me some other ones. I was also thinking maybe green and white I'm just not sure. Any ideas would be appreciated, so thanks in advance. :)

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
If you do pink, hopefully you will avoid the neon pink, lol, otherwise, pink would be different.

Other possible minor mods for looks, debadging, painting accents under the hood, (if you can find it)Pink window tint(a possibility only used by some), Pink pinstriping.........

·
Registered
318 Posts
just don't do purple. That's MY thing, LOL.

Just keep in mind that everyone will know the car belongs to a girl. Might wanna consider that if you travel alone a lot. But if you have an entourage of big thugs traveling with you or you happen to know jujitsu, go for it :) Fortunately there are tons of acessories to go with a pink theme, but purple is a real chore, I tell you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It will def. not be hot pink lol, I was thinking more of a light pink but that won’t be as noticeable so i think that is out. I just think it might be really hard to get a paint that will be what I want. Maybe a darker metallic pink, would look cool. I might end up just doing my calipers in white because the only pink caliper paint I can find is from G2 and I'm not sure if I like that.

LOL an entourage of big thugs. I think I will be ok with people knowing it’s a girls car, I don’t mind the attention lol

·
Registered
318 Posts
I almost went with pink, but didn't wanna worry about some weirdo staking out my car waiting for me to come back. I also kinda figured my bf would refuse to work on it or drive it anywhere, LOL.

I think some pastel pink stripes would look good. That or a nice vibrant blue. That's the good thing about white- just about everything goes with it!

Is your car a coupe or sedan?

·
Registered
78 Posts
to be honest i think pink would be kinda cool but it would be hard sticking to the same shade on everything. but i'm sure with a little research of the products that are used you could find a common shade of pink to handle everthing from drums, calipers, dash, and rims.. you could always go look at local powdercoating place's for the rims and drums and bowties.. then get some thing to match in a sparycan for grill mesh and interior trim. got me thinking now why did i go so common with black and white.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I like your ideas. The pink devits in the rims sound different.. i would do it to be different if i were a girl

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Is your car a coupe or sedan?
Its a coupe and I really like the concept you came up with. I was going to do racing stripes but a guy I dated told me that was to old school and they were out, supposedly he says a nice clean car is whats in.....hahaha maybe thats why we didnt work out lol.

So I have been doing some research this morning at work, being a slacker lol and I cant find much of anything that is pink. Would it look really bad to do different shades? Also do I have to use all plastic paint? Thats mostly what I have been looking at, I mean do I have to use plastic paint if I prep the surface by sanding and using primer? I found a nice color its called watermelon I think but it doesnt say its for plastic. Any one know what kinda paint I should use because the paint I am looking at is by Krylon, thats the only one I have found to have anything that is pink.

Need4speedchick added 44 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...

thats my car sorry I took it with my phone so its not the best but you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
What i did with my car, it wasnt anything to big but it makes your car a little differen from everyone elses. I painted the chevy bowtie in the center of the stock rims, black. Its little things like that that make a car different.

·
Registered
869 Posts
This sounds like an awesome idea. Take your time though, because something tells me a project like this could either turn out great, or mexican. Not trying to be racist, but you all know what I mean.

Autozone sells a lot of Dupli-Color paint, you may find a shade you like. Use plastic paint for plastic parts only, negligence like that causes poor quality. The pain I mentioned earlier, however, can be used for almost everything from bowties to interior trim. Make sure you scuff with high grit sandpaper and use clear coat for lasting durability.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Its a coupe and I really like the concept you came up with. I was going to do racing stripes but a guy I dated told me that was to old school and they were out, supposedly he says a nice clean car is whats in.....hahaha maybe thats why we didnt work out lol.
First off, let me start by saying that your ex is a douche for saying that. No sort of pin striping/racing stripe is out. What you do to your car should be a direct reflection of your personality. If putting a racing stripe down your car is what you want and is what you think will look best on your ride, then do it. Most everyone on this site is modifying their car for the purpose of setting it off from everyone elses. Some may not admit it, but thats the reality of it.

I like your idea of the pink on white. It's not something I would ever do, but I'm not you. Go with a pale pink, nothing to flashy. Flashy makes you stand out, and if you drive a lil recklessly, like me, it draws alot of unwanted attention. I like Incredibalt's design. The pin stripe down the side looks similar to what I have done on my 'balt.

One last thing, unless you have the skill, equipment, and knowledge, consider getting all that spraying done by a professional. Even if you get your racing stripes as a vinyl kit, look into having a pro put it on. I had a local paint shop put my side vinyls on and respray the hood and front bumper. The car has never looked better.

You have alot of good ideas. Be sure to take your time, do things right, and look at what would be the better idea for a higher quality outcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.