Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2008 Sport Coupe Cobalt Automatic 2.4L and I want to put in some easy performance upgrades into it first but i dont know where to start. What would you guys suggest i buy first and what would be simple for me to do. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Use the search and look at the stickies in performance section.
First question, what is your goal? End goal?

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Intake, which I have a K&N I'd sell for $120 shipped.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plain Jane i looked into it and i see that i should be buying the K&N 69-4517TTK for my car, which i'll be ordering shortly. What would you say i should get for the header back? not on a low budget so what would something good be?

Also looked into the HPTune and i'm almost sure that would be something too difficult for me to take on alone right now.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Where are you located that's the intake I have just sitting around at my house.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im in Cincinnati but why are you selling it just curious. i would just feel a little more comfortable buying something new that will come with everything so i wont be ripped off if it isnt in the best condition or doesnt come with every single thing that i need. for them going for around 300 less than half just seems like something wrong to me.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
It's being sold because I went Turbo and can't use it. Have a Turbo intake not NA, it has just been sitting for months. One spot has an external blemish but doesn't go through the tube. If you are interested PM me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it says im not able to pm because i dont have 10 posts yet. I am interested if it has everything i would need to install and if it doesnt i'd like to know what i'd need to replace. also some pictures

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I've got an Injen unit that can be easily adapted to both cold air and short ram. For the CAI, you'd need to remove the airbox and ducting/resonator that leads from the right front bumper. Easiest way to do it is unscrew the splashguard and a few of the bumper bolts and peel it back a little. All you really have to do is connect the intake piping with the MAF sensor and lead it to the throttle body. Very simple stuff.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
love my Injen, only bought it because i got an amazing deal on it.... although i probably would have preferred a K&N, and you really can't beat 120 shipped...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.