Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
06' Cobalt LS
Installed the Rostra 250-1775 cruise control, which was quick and simple. Took it to the local dealership and the technician said he wasn't able to get it to turn on. Said he would make some phone calls to figure it out. I checked all the voltages and resistance and all is good. Just need someone in the Jacksonville Florida area, that has a Tech 2.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I did this also took 20 minutes. Cruise enable is in the Tech 2 "BCM" menu.When it says "Do you want to program new BCM or change options, press yes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. I have the procedure from ALLDATA PRO, but convincing a dealership tech he is doing it wrong is another matter. Finding a private garage with a tech 2 in my area is the best bet. Which may be a challenge.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Well if your ever up my way I have a Tech 2. Here is the screen you need to go to. * means enabled

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks coby7. I will show that to the service tech. Would be nice to visit you're area. Take care and thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Done

Went to RPM Automotive in Fleming Island. They took their time and got the cruise turned on. Thanks to the tech, Tim. I guess the dealership didn't have the time or know-how.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Takes a bit of time but not rocket science...lol. Glad you got her going and hope they didn't charge you too much.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Not bad dealers here charge 100$ flat rate. Thieves all of them.

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 PM ----------

I charge 20$

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.