Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i want some ideas on the proper springs to lower my LS with in the spring when i do it
i know with more bigger drops its recommended to replace the shocks and struts with FE5 TC ones. and i have no problem doing that.
im not sure what springs to lower with. i like the drop sportlines give because it gets rid of the majority of the gap
B&G is to much of a drop for me because there is alot of potholes around here in ny where i live.

but what other springs are good. i don't want to harsh of a ride. i know the ride quality will change but i just don't know what springs to lower on because i don't have much knowledge on all of them. i have read about them but i still just don't know

so if some one can help me with the proper choice of what springs i should drop on that would be great

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like all the others I tell people, i love my sportlines. Perfect drop. Even drop.
I dont like B&Gs on coupes because you can tell the rear is lower.

Oh and the Eibach Sportlines give out a good ride. Not harsh at all.
Once again, SPOTLINES FTW
yeah i really have been focused on sportlines my friend lowered his ls with the pro-kit and it doesn't even look like he lowered there fore i was thinking to lower with sportlines. but i just want to make sure they are the proper springs i should lower on before i lower my car

a member on css told me about H&R's
but the sport kit only drops like 1.5 or so thats not enough to get rid of the nasty gap. plus im running 18's in the summer so yeah. im not sure about the race kit tho
i mean i think im going to just buy fe5 shocks and struts to do it all at once so i dont have to get 2 alignments

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i really like the sportlines i think thats what im going to get.

keep the thread open tho

other people say ssc but i dont think that drops as much as sportlines does it

im going to be getting professional installation. do you have to cut the bump stops or do you leave them

·
Registered
3,545 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got a set of sportlines ill sell you for 130 shipped :)
Thanks for the offer but stuff like this id rather buy brand new

·
Registered
394 Posts
I agree, I'm considering buying springs in the next couple weeks, but I don't want to spend to much. I think I'd be happy with sportlines. How much should I expect to pay, and do I need professional installation? I have a friend that works at a dealership and says he's done it a couple times, can probably do it for free... but he's not a mechanic. Will I need anything else? struts? new allignment?

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I agree, I'm considering buying springs in the next couple weeks, but I don't want to spend to much. I think I'd be happy with sportlines. How much should I expect to pay, and do I need professional installation? I have a friend that works at a dealership and says he's done it a couple times, can probably do it for free... but he's not a mechanic. Will I need anything else? struts? new allignment?
I think Eibach sportlines are about 250 bucks. People says that springs are easy to insatll but I will go to shop to do it cuz I dont know how. You will need new alligment.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I dont know about the install , I was about to go outside and check out some bodyshops and see What the price will be for the install. I found a website that sells Eibach Sportlines springs for 226 - free shiping !!!
If someone do how to on LOwering springs I will prob try it

·
Registered
866 Posts
It is easy to install springs yourself. A shop will charge you anywhere from $200-500 for installation

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.