Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I just got my cobalt a few weeks ago and stumbled on this site looking for all the different oppertunities to do mods.

P.S. also had to jump start my car and the gas gauge went south, literally.. so was looking for a way to solve that....turns out its as easy as opening it and pushing it back LOL

Ill post pics soon :) bone stock. lots of mods I want to do

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Just got it :D

My first change Ive done (before)

After

·
Registered
302 Posts
plastdip dip wheels/emblems, tint the windows, then pick up some cheap drop springs and FE5 SS struts and you done, ooh and dont forget to paint the headlights thats what I did.

made my rental car pretty nice, although didnt have the grille painted here.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what % tint do you have in that picture. im planning on going as dark as I can in ontario. 15 or 20 i think it was.

at the risk of sounding like a dummy, what is plastdip dip? The emblem either has to go or i have to make it look good.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Plastidip is a spray type of stuff that can be peeled off later. For some reason its the lastest craze that just won't go away. Personally I would spray paint your bowtie a color of your choice, have some shine to it and not some cheap look. Plastidiping wheels is a eh thing, its a nice option that way you can take it off if you get bored. Personally nothing beats new wheels once you can swing it.

Welcome to the forum though, hope you enjoy it here. Nice place most of the time :)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I kinda like your car the way it is, but I'm old school.
It is always nice to personalize your vehicle to your liking and to have it a little different so your friends know it's you. Also you can pick it out of all the other Cobalts out there. Your lucky your colour stands out right from the start. Mine's gold like about a million others. Welcome to the Forum and enjoy your car. Carefull removing the quick nuts on front emblem if you are going to paint it.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
car looks clean man! Welcome to the forum!!! New rims and drop would be well worth it for you and you'd be quite happy. Tints are great too especially to cut the heat and brightness in the summer.

and coby07 it's funny you should say that. Any of my friends would recognize me coming wether it be by sound or by sight, I think my cobalt is one of, if not THE most unique in my city haha. Not many modded cobalts here, but I've seen a couple floating around, nothing similar to mine.

·
Registered
27 Posts
welcome :) if you do the plastdip, make sure you don't go through an automatic car wash lol. my boyfriend has it on his wheels too. it turned out good.

·
Registered
302 Posts
my tint is 35% all around with a 5% huge windshield strip, i really regret not going 20% during the day for looks, but at night im happy to have 35% because its keeps the cops off my back and nightvision is still good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks beamer :)

coby, yeah ive been looking for this colour for a long time now. first really liked it when I saw it on a grand am, and any painting work ill be doing in the summer.

bboy, you read my mind, rims, drop, and tint are top 3 priorities this summer..I also have a prostart remote starter, was cheap, just wondering if its worth installing.

glad to be here, ive been a member for a while, but never had any pictures on comp to upload with an intro. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
plastdip dip wheels/emblems, tint the windows, then pick up some cheap drop springs and FE5 SS struts and you done, ooh and dont forget to paint the headlights thats what I did.

made my rental car pretty nice, although didnt have the grille painted here.
i like ur car ;) was looking for someone with the same colour sedan :) found ya, and i want to do the same mods with black headlights and black wheels now that I've seen it i like it!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.