Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

Just thought I would say hi as I've just signed up. Mainly doing some searching for information right now but will be staying around for a while. Just picked up a Silver 2006 LS Sedan with a 5-speed manual and am currently "OK" with it. :toung: This is the first domestic car I have ever purchased and it's going to take some time to get used to it. Former Mazda/Nissan owner. (several SE-R Sentras, RX-7's, Turbo Miata, etc)

I can post a picture later if wanted, but I'm sure you all know what it looks like. :laugh: Car is bone stock right now and has a couple issues that need to be checked out, like a clunking from the left front which I'm almost 100% sure is the shocks being toast. (110k miles) It also stalls with the A/C on when I come to a stop in traffic, which wouldn't be a big deal except that I live in Arizona.

Anyway, have some ideas for mods already which will mostly be suspension related. A quick lerk on here and I've decided to go with FE5 shocks/struts and an Eibach Pro Kit, Eibach rear sway and some other stuff.

So, yeah. Hi. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Welcome, and def post pics, that way you have something to come back and compare to after you mod more and more.

Theres been a number of things suspected of being responsible for that "knock" a lot of cobalts get. I replaced my struts and shocks and its still there, so Im popping on new endlinks and sway bars next.

Maybe clean your throttle body and check if its a cat convertor problem as far as your stalling problem goes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a TSB for a stalling problem related to having the A/C on, but not sure if that is the issue. The dealership I bought the car from will be looking at it tomorrow for the clunking and stalling, and depending on their findings I'll start going through things one by one myself.

One question, do the SS cars have a factory strut bar?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Welcome! And if you are looking for a shock/strut/spring combo I got a set for sale :D kthxbai!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Judging by your location I'm sure shipping would be $$$$$. And is there a minimum post count before the For Sale section shows up, or is it missing entirely?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sucks that spammers and idiots have to ruin the experience for everyone.

Anyway, dropped the car off at the dealership this morning so they can figure out the clunking. The car is also cutting out when you go over large bumps. (MAF?) I'll also be taking the hub caps off and rocking the steelies for a while because they are making all sorts of racket and it's really annoying.

Edit: Anyone know market value for a set of used standard OEM alloys?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
what do you mean cut out? what exactly happens?

---------- Post added at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

and if you are interested in the shocks and such send me a pm and I'll give you the details...

·
Registered
177 Posts
if they find out what the clunking is let me know i have the same problem on the same wheel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I posted a thread in the problems section here. I'll keep it updated with new info. I just dropped it off this morning for new front shocks/sway links/bushings so hopefully that fixes the problem.

The power cutting out has been fixed, bad crank sensor harness.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.