Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2006 Cobalt today, 93,000 miles. My first Cobalt, I'm excited. Also, my first newer year car, and first car I've owned that ever had power windows and locks!

Previous car I've been driving is a 98 Sunfire, old car, paint peeling, some dents and scratches and a few minor problems here and there, and pretty steep miles, but that car still runs like a charm, I hate to get rid of it! It is a tank in the snow, drives extremely well, gets excellent MPG, and has never failed me! I hate to get rid of it!

Hoping I have the same good luck and love for my new Cobalt!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of need to sell the Sunfire so I can get some money back and apply it towards my Cobalt. If there was any way possible I could keep it though, I definitely would. I commute back and forth between home, work and college and it is just an excellent little car. I was once out late at night in the middle of a snow storm, and had to come down a very steep, slick, snow covered hill, and my little old Sunfire was one of the only vehicles not slipping and sliding around on the way down! I cannot sing enough praises about it! lol

It will make a wonderful work car for someone that can overlook the peeling paint and minor dents and scratches. I have certainly got my moneys worth out of it and more, and I imagine it will keep on trucking for many more years.

I wanted to change vehicles just because I have had it for about 7 or 8 years now, and I have a better job and just wanted to kind of upgrade vehicles. The Cobalt is the 2nd car I have ever paid for by myself, it feels good!

My Cobalt is 2006, Blue Granite Metallic, power windows, locks, tinted windows. However, the guy that sold it to me said the remote for the door locks does not work and might need reprogrammed or something like that.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Is the remote battery dead maybe? Or it could just be broke, they break pretty easy and its a pretty easy fix. There was a thread here on it, dont remember where.

Yea I hear ya on needing the extra money. I have been a J-Body fan since I started driving back in the day, I had about 4-5 J's, 88 z24, 90 z24, 97 cav coupe, 03 cav coupe and briefly an 03 sunfire. They are great cars that is for sure and handle winter with ease. I had my 97 up until last year. I put around $4500 into it to bring it back from the dead after I had given it to my sister in NY. I was having trouble getting it to run perfect and inspected and just gave up, sold it for $1000. I see it here and there as it sold to someone just down the road from me. Hurts to think about the time and money into that car to just give it up but I was at my wits end chasing the issues.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Beamer, the guy who sold it to me said he just changed them and it still didn't work. He said the power lock remote stopped working after they put in a new engine. I'm not sure what that would have to do with anything though, but he said right after the new engine went in, that stopped working. That sucks you lost some money on the car you sold after you spent all that time fixing it up!

@Coby, thanks for the link. I will show that to my dad..he might be able to try that and see if that works! That is pretty clever.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.