Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought my Cobalt a few weeks ago and i absolutely LOVE it! i traded my 2000 dodge neon in on it and this is a huge change...i do have a few questions though about it. First, i have a manual transmission and in lower gear when the engine is running at a lower RPM....or in higher gear when the engine gets a little bogged down...i can hear a rattling sound coming from the engine compartment...there are almost 2 separate noises..one sounds like a metal rattle...almost like an exhaust shield or something..the other one almost makes the car sound like a deisel engine...i took it to the dealership to have them look at it...but i was wondering if anyone else had this problem?
second...my outside temp gauge seemed to be stuck on 68...i unplugged the battery and not it reads 100....?? LOL any ideas?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Welcome! :)
Hmm... Idk bout ur issues, sorry... My outside temp guage would get stuck somtimes, but after i would run thru the DIC it would change to the correct temp... so idk...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i have no idea...i am taking it to the dealership tomorrow for them to look at it...i know that a lot of the cobalts have a steering shaft problem and they need to be replaced...i hope that ends up being the problem and they can just change it...rather than them tell me that they dont know what the problem is...as for the temp gauge....i guess if it wont reset i will just have to tell them to take a look at that too...thanks for the welcome though! i love the car..it is so much nicer than my neon....of course...:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.