Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm looking to lower my 2007 cobalt ls and was wondering what recommendations you all have on the parts to get there. Also would be replacing the brakes at the same time so that would be of great help. I want to do some engine work as well. I'm just looking for what you guys have tried and tested and have knowledge on. Thanks

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm feeling lazy, so I'm just gonna quote a post I made a while back:

Well, if you just want to make it faster, get an intake and exhaust. K&N or Injen are good intakes, and ZZP's midlength header & downpipe paired with their 2.5" catback is one of the best for the Cobalt. If you want to go all out on naturally aspirated mods, then you should consider getting the LSJ throttle body and 2.4l intake manifold. You'll need to get the car tuned for those mods though. If you do go that route, I'll be selling my LSJ throttle body & adapter plate (bolt pattern's not quite right for the 2.4l intake manifold) pretty soon since I'm supercharging mine.

If you want to go around corners fast, get the FE5 struts and shocks, and pair them with some good springs such as SSC or CM.

K&N Cold Air/Short Ram Intake
Injen Cold Air Intake
ZZP Midlength Header & Downpipe (1.5" primaries)
ZZP 2.5" Catback (With Resonator)

CM Springs
SSC Springs
FE5 Driver Side Strut
FE5 Passenger Side Strut
FE5 Rear Shocks (x2)
---------- Post added at 09:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 AM ----------

A full bolt-on setup will get you between 140 and 150 whp, so it's not gonna be fast, but you might be able to tell a difference.

Full bolt-on would also include the LSJ throttle body, 2.4l intake manifold, and a tune. I happen to have an LSJ throttle body, adapter plate, and wiring harness adapter available if you go that route.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just bought mine off and had them installed. You usually just need the spring compressor tool. But the back ones were easy to do and the front were kinda hard but nothing to bad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.