Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2010 Chevrolet Cobalt:

For about a year now it has been rumored that the Cobalt would receive a MCE in 2008 to keep it up with the competition. We have now heard that the MCE has been canceled. Instead, an all-new Cobalt is set to arrive in the 2010 model-year. This car will have been developed world-wide, and will be sold world-wide. Aside from offering regular sedan/coupe models, GM will also have a high-styled coupe that is unique to the Cobalt line. This car will be used as competition against the Scion tC and Civic Coupe.

D

·
0 Posts
That redesign looks like the concept. Anyways, when the Union striked against GM, GM released a 5 year plan that was supposed to be kept internal as a way to show job security. I thought the new Cobalt wasn't supposed to be out until 2010 as a 2011 model. Things can be changed and I could be wronged.

S

·
0 Posts
This just means that the "all new" Cobalt will be the same as the Saturn/Opel Astra that went on sale this year. Sold world wide... just different badges. Saturn gets the hatch back version... while Chevy will get the coupe and sedan as the Cobalt in a few years.

They did the same thing with the Ion in 2004... this isn't anything new as far as GM is concerned... just like the GTO/Camaro/G8 being the same as the Holden Commodore. Global use of a single platform means that development costs are shared world wide... making it a lot cheaper to build a nice car.

D

·
0 Posts
According to the plan I read about, that is not going to be the case. The Saturn is just a rebadged Opel. The Cobalt should remain on a seperate platform. I think, if I remember correctly, there was going to be another platform that was going to be shared with another division that would be used on the Cobalt. I can't really remember, but for some reason Cadillac and RWD are coming to mind. I could be wrong. I really need to find that info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The 2010 cobalt is being built on a updated fwd platform....the same platform it is built on now with some minor updates you will never see a rwd cobalt out of the factory

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.