Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 silver (base?) sedan, 144K on the body, 30K on the motor. 5 speed stick, runs great. Just needs front brakes done. Got $ off the price for that. Looking to find out what will need to be done and what to look out for in the future. This car is replacing a 1998 Chevy Prizm 5 spd. that I've put over 100K on in 9 1/2 yrs. with the odometer now at 180K. 1st question is what does the X fe thing on the trunk lid stand for?

·
Registered
473 Posts
XFE.......eXtra Fuel Efficient
Slightly higher final gear and higher pressure tires, (lower rolling resistance)
Run your tire pressure up to 45psi. Makes it slide better on the snow & ice and slick roads

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Makes it slide better on the snow & ice and slick roads
Haha, I know how that goes thank you. I actually looked it up after I remembered Google. Go figure. I do intend to have highway usage with this car. My father lives 6 hrs. away and I've lost confidence in the old Prizm so I got the Cobalt to replace it. Cobalt looks to be good, motor replaced 2 yrs ago, no rust that I can see. Typical Wear and tear. Rides good.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Viewing pictures

On the posts I have looked at every one says I have to upgrade my account to view pictures. Is this to upgrade the photobucket account? Or is it to upgrade my account here on this forum?

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Photobucket screw us all. They are now being sued by ebay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.