Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a 2008 LT cobalt special edition black with the white racing stripe, tints, a system. It was real clean and i loved it. It had about 18k on it when a woman decided to run a red light and t-bone me. It ended up getting totalled and I had to spend 2700 more than the insurance covered to get an 09 brand new. I also had to get 2 new front speakers, reinstall and retint the car. I do like it without the stripes tho, looks a lil more sleek. Well thats my story. My specs are below and im lookin to add to them. I would like to maybe get a CAI, possibly a ECU(not sure if that voids the warranty), might tint out the back lights.

·
Registered
610 Posts
sorry about what happened to your '08 :/ but welcome to the site though. our stock ecu is just fine and to get a new one is such a very unnecesary expense.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Your best bet is a tune through Trifecta, which will run you ~$250 plus a $200 deposit and shipping as he sends you a handheld unit. You upload it to your car via OBDII port. It's a great investment, however, you should have a few things done before doing this as you have to pay to have a re-tune...I believe it's only about $50 for that, but just hold off and do some performance things, then get a tune. I'm waiting to install a full exhaust before I tune. I won't be doing anything other than that (at least not for quite a while). I'm after better MPG than anything.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to the site

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.