Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new at this And I need help. I am trying to lower the Balt just a little bit. I don't want it to sit on the ground but I so want it lower than what it is at now. I want to get something within my budget and not something very pricy however I want something that will be a good deal.

Anyways what are my choices? What should I look for? Any advice?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I would need is springs?
-->Basically take the base springs off and swap them out with the new ones?

--Like I said I know hardly anything about them

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
yes..but it is recommended you replace your shocks and struts too to cope with the lowered springs but its not needed. steering rack spacers would help too but again not needed

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yes..but it is recommended you replace your shocks and struts too to cope with the lowered springs but its not needed. steering rack spacers would help too but again not needed
So I could get away with just springs for now. And later replace shocks/struts. It won't ruin them if I didn't replace them right away?

EDIT: Also will it have a big affect on chamber? I don't want my tires to be wearing other than "normal" wear haha

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
If you do not want a major drop I would go with "Eibach Pro-Kit".

Springs are not hard at all to install. Just some basic tools and a spring compressor.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
get the peddars or pro kit for mild drop. peddars if you want the best performance. but they are pricey. you could also use either ss springs for very little drop. but they are cheap.
your stock struts and shocks will last for a while as long as you dont drive like an idiot. but nobody can say for sure how long.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im thinking B&G possibly. That or dropzone? If i get the springs, what options are there for struts and shocks?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you do not want a major drop I would go with "Eibach Pro-Kit".

Springs are not hard at all to install. Just some basic tools and a spring compressor.
Im thinking B&G's One, they are cheaper than Eibach and two, I like the look they give. Would my set up with the 205/60R15's (I believe thats whats on it right now) look decent on it with out any problems with clearance and what not?

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Im thinking B&G possibly. That or dropzone? If i get the springs, what options are there for struts and shocks?
these are the best option IMO..http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/suspension-wheels-brakes-tires/11301-ss-tc-struts-shocks-part-s.html you could use the koni's also but they are expensive, and you have to hack part of the front struts. you can also use the ss/sc suspension. but the tc is about the same price and much better.
dont get the kyb's, they are basically stock replacement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.