Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I just got back from the track and just nailed my personal best thanks to some fine tuning by Vince at Trifecta Performance. My fastest time was 14.88 sec @ 94.51 mph. Ill have some pics and possibly some vids later tonight.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup. Stock internals too, but I did strip the interior. Either way I turned a lot of heads, and there were some guys looking at my car in the pit area looking for the supercharger lmao

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow thats pretty quick. can you give a list of your mods please.
Yup notta prob. Mods are Injen CAI, 2.4L throttle body, tb spacer, OBX header & downpipe combo. I had to modify the header flange because it was for a 2.4L. 2.4L intake manifold, 160 degree T Stat, Tsudo catback exhaust, TTR upper motor mount, prothane motor mounts, Ingals Torque Damper, B&M short Shifter, Exedy stage 1 clutch, Fidanza flywheel, Sprint lowering springs, prothane control arm bushings, alot of weight modification, and last but not least Trifecta Tuned. I also mixed a lil bit of 104 + octane booster with my fuel. Not sure if that made a difference. Ignore the comp cam decal. Theyre not in just yet. Pics and vids coming up if I can get them to work.

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

This is the 14.88 second run. Its an IPhone vid and its kinda hard to see but its all I have to take vids with. My Girlfriend isnt the best at taking vids either. Click on it to watch

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Yea no problem man. I almost forgot but I was running Dunlop Direzzas. Theyre a softer compound tire. I was havin a hell of a time trying to hook up on the launch all day. The track was pretty slick.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
go post this in the official drag race times thread, when I was fully bolted like you, my best was 15.3ish very impressive runs. And i'm about 12lbs of boost
Did you do any weight reductions at all? Try running a 160 degree tstat Vince has a tune for that now so you won't throw a code. Just google it. I can't remember the companies name. It helps. Trust me.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Great job with an N/A 2.2 :)
Thanks!!! I really wasn't expecting to nail these kinds of times until I re did my head

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
Did you do any weight reductions at all? Try running a 160 degree tstat Vince has a tune for that now so you won't throw a code. Just google it. I can't remember the companies name. It helps. Trust me.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Thanks!!! I really wasn't expecting to nail these kinds of times until I re did my head
no weight adding mods lol and i'm supercharged now so i'm hoping for a 14.3ish time, best is a 14.69 with the M62

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.