Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
here's a lil description about it.....

Preassembled, Direct Bolt-On Brake Line Kits For the ultimate in braking performance, nothing beats Russell’s pre-assembled, direct bolt-on Street Legal Brake Line Kits. These brake lines meet the strict guidelines of the D.O.T. MVSS-106 requirements for street driven vehicles and are legal in all 50 states. Street Legal Brake Line Kits feature stainless steel braided hose with zinc plated fittings, factory assembled for installation convenience. Replacement of original rubber lines with Street Legal brake lines increases braking performance and reduces brake pedal travel due to the elimination of hose expansion common to factory rubber lines. Reduces Brake Pedal Travel. Tough Stainless Steel Braided Hose. Kit Includes 4 Lines and all necessary hardware and fittings.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stainless steel brake lines will give you a much firmer pedal feel. You will have improved braking with those on a stock brake setup...and even better with better rotors/pads.

I recommend Goodridge brand brake lines...they are more money (I think about $20 more), but they are a trusted brand...I don't know that the Russell brake lines compete with Goodridge that well....but any will be better than rubber hoses.

·
Registered
720 Posts
pfyc.com can get them for you. They have only the SS model listed, but if you email someone at the company, they will get you a total for them for a 2.2.

If you do a search online for them, you'll be able to get pricing from a few companies...the model number for our cars is: 12293

I haven't purchased any yet, but you can get them for $105 plus shipping I believe from PFYC. Also, if you're interested in SS lines, but don't want to spend as much, you can get Russell. They aren't bad, just not as high of quality as the Goodridge.

Modern Performance has the Russell's for cheap...here's a link:Modern Performance: SS Lines by Russell These are the same thing that Cobalt Addiction sells, but a lot cheaper. CA is a rip-off if you ask me. No offense to them, but a lot of their prices are flat out HIGH!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Any parts you want, find them on a site and get the part number...then just use google or bing to do a search. I usually type: "best price on/for Goodridge brake lines 12293" or something like that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Had them on my Integra dont know how it would feel on the cobalt brake wise but there really was no diff for me. My opinion there mostly for looks and guess what metal rusts so dont go cheap. Regardless if they say they are stainless they prob aren't good stainless.

·
Registered
317 Posts
yeah braided brake lines are a good cheap way to improve your breaking, and just about necessary when upgrading to a big break kit. they dont swell like the rubber lines do, thus better fluid pressure to the calipers

·
Registered
720 Posts
I haven't bought or installed mine yet, so I'm unsure of the actual procedure for installation.

·
Registered
222 Posts
you shouldnt have to drain it ALL but it would be better that way you take the exact measurement bc I dont know how much was spilled but I did the majority myself but I didnt do anything right lol I just limped my way to a shop.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.