Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just changed my brakes and rotors today using the DIY. I put on hawk performance pads and EBC slotted rotors. Everything went well I think, looking back I don't remember anything being weird... Just want to check - is it typical to hear my new brakes wearing in? i can hear the pads on the rotors pretty easily... i wouldn't say it's loud though. should i expect that sound to go away, or stick around for a while? it's okay that it's there, just making sure it's not indicating a mistake.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll work on pics... they don't look great though, i mean they're black which is pretty sweet... but once the get worn in they will be silver.... as the paint wears off. i did paint my calipers though, black is much better than crappy metal.

and i'm pretty sure this sound is normal... i hope.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Normal driving until you get them broken in for slotted rotors, at least that waht the warranty paperwork said for my EBC's

·
Registered
124 Posts
How much did that set up run you?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out the noise was because I forgot to tighten my lug nuts =X i tightened them after i drove around the neighborhood, though.... and went for a 30 minute drive, no noise, very smooth braking.

It was $256 shipped I think.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I didnt notice any braking improvements, then again I dont race either. However I dont have the vehicle shuddering anymore when brakes are applied to due the crappy stock brakes.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't really tested them yet, as far as performance goes. Gona put a few hundred miles on before I do any real driving. as far as ride quality, it's 100 times better. I think my old rotors were warped, so i had a lot of shaking in my brakes before. very very smooth now.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Occasional squeaking is not a definite sign of a problem, continuous squeaking is a problem. With Cobalts the main sign is if the car shudders during braking, you NEED new brakes then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.