Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my gf just bought a 09 cobalt, but it didn't come with a center armrest, ive seen a few on ebay for pretty cheap, but are they compatible? how easy are they to install, or do those simply not work with Cobalts that did not come with an armrest originally? can anyone enlighten me as to what i need to do to install one?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Can you provide me a link? The arm rest is just held on by kind of a hinge type thing and with 2 bolts. Its pretty easy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its that exact package, i found it on ebay for pretty cheap at the moment, what exactly is needed for the install?

and are there any differences between an 08 and 09 that i should be aware of? or do they use the same one

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Center armrest is fairly easy, I did one in about hour and half. Do suggest you buy one from the dealer so you have detailed instructions

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
GM oem accessory....

Get factory accessory package at your dealer. No e-bay crap in a new car! Very cheap to go OEM on this upgrade a a "do it yourself" project.

GTO 1

·
Registered
114 Posts
Every console I found says automatic only. Is there a seperate console for a stick, or isnt it available at all? The Ebrake setup is the exact same and the holes looks the same for the auto vs manual, so am I able to put in an armrest console?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
It will still work a 5 speed even though it says it only works on auto's.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I went to the dealer to see if I could order 1 in for my 06 ls coupe...

$500 is what they wanted just for the parts

You asked for the wrong thing then...It should only be about $100-125 (at most) at the dealer. You can get it shipped to you from GMpartsonline.net for ~$77...GMpartsdirect.com for ~$79 and CrateEngineDepot.com for a little more...I got mine from CED because I didn't know about the other two sites when I bought mine.

They probably wanted to order you a whole center console, not just an armrest.

·
Registered
365 Posts
http://www.crateenginedepot.com/store/Center-Arm-Rests-C215.aspx

These will fit the 2 door and the 4 door, both automatic and manual. Installing it takes about an hour. You will need a ratchet and a screwdriver. I bought mine on ebay and it worked fine, just make sure you get the EXACT same one as GM sells. Like this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Armrest-Package-for-08-09-Chevy-Cobalt_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem3c9e42739bQQitemZ260353192859QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
4 Posts
You asked for the wrong thing then...It should only be about $100-125 (at most) at the dealer. You can get it shipped to you from GMpartsonline.net for ~$77...GMpartsdirect.com for ~$79 and CrateEngineDepot.com for a little more...I got mine from CED because I didn't know about the other two sites when I bought mine.

They probably wanted to order you a whole center console, not just an armrest.
it was 3 parts; the armrest itself they wanted $300
I don't remember what else was there because I heard the price of the armrest and thought no way

couldn't believe it

thanks for the links, ordering 1 now

·
Registered
720 Posts
it was 3 parts; the armrest itself they wanted $300
I don't remember what else was there because I heard the price of the armrest and thought no way

couldn't believe it

thanks for the links, ordering 1 now
Then the dealer you go to must mark things up by 300%...the list price of the armrest is somewhere in the 90 to 100 range.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i got my armrest from a member off css.net for 55 shipped
just paid him today should get it soon :):)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.