Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so after being laid off due to trade school and lack of work I was forced to sell my F-350 Turbo Diesel Powerstroke. So I sold it and paid off some bills and debt,and used the leftover to buy a cobalt. Unfortunately for my price range and due to the lack of cobalts and cars in my small little town I landed up with this cobalt. Definitely not the color I wanted, but was the only two door manual that I could find. TBH I am not even sure if its blue or gray or even green, but maybe im color blind.

Anyways I would of loved to of gotten this in a black or red or even a dark blue. But beggers can't be choosers. Maybe in the summer I will get er painted. Or sell it and swap fro another one. ANyways enough rambling, I better get to the point. I want to paint my trim in my interior but have no clue what color combination/color that would go with the color of my car. Was hoping you guys could help. Please let me know.

http://imgur.com/pigLi

Thank you

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what interior parts you exactly referring to? seats, trim, dash, center console, all?
oops sorry I guess I forgot to mention the parts haha, my interior is light grey

ploped my interior in photoshop quickly

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can use any color you want. you can buy colored kits from gm or you can take your pieces out and give them to a shop to professionally do it for probably cheaper
I'm thinking of painting them myself. But was more looking for your opinions on what color I should paint them.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
I'd say the safest bet would be a glossy black if you aren't into the cf look...

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

As for the color of your Balt it is a metallic teal...

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I u set stood your question you are trying to color-match your dash trim to the outside color, but you don't know which color is your exterior xD? Am I right? Lmao!!!!
Haha, definately not what I meant. I guess it was the way I worded it, but what I was truying to get at is, I wanted opinions on what color style/combination would go with my exterior. I just think it would be weird to have my weird blue colored car with a red interior, or am I wrong? haha

I think I've just decided to go with any color. thinking a blue of some sort.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I like the color of your Cobalt, better than Cashmere Metalic(other word for gold).

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like the color of your Cobalt, better than Cashmere Metalic(other word for gold).
Tha'ts for sure, I don't think you would ever catch me in a car that color! haha, and Iv'e always thought of my color cobalt as an old man color haha, but I guess that's just me. I'm hoping I can make it look good.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Is 56 old to you? lol

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is 56 old to you? lol
For a young guy like me, yeah :p haha I'm only 19, and been calling my dad an old man for a while now and he is only 46 haha :p My dad is quite the cool old man though! He has a 2002 cavalier that he modified and works on all the time

And of course he has to rep his company haha :p He's done qite a bit to it.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Could've swore I replied to this thread

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey man, im in the same boat ur in, i have a sedan in same color, mine is (i think) Silver Moss Metallic. My trim interior in silver and im figuring what color to go with on mine as well. Black, carbon fiber would be two easy ones. I have one set up in my mind for my future wheels which would be a cream color, (cream colored rims with chrome or polished lips. I think cream or off white maaaay go well with that color interior but its just my .02. LOL.
Another thoery is to go HellaTrendy and wrap it in tons of stickers. LOL.
Maybe light gold, satin white, i do think wood grain is a great choice for interior trim. But thats just me bro..

·
Gawd of Thunda!
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey man, im in the same boat ur in, i have a sedan in same color, mine is (i think) Silver Moss Metallic. My trim interior in silver and im figuring what color to go with on mine as well. Black, carbon fiber would be two easy ones. I have one set up in my mind for my future wheels which would be a cream color, (cream colored rims with chrome or polished lips. I think cream or off white maaaay go well with that color interior but its just my .02. LOL.
Another thoery is to go HellaTrendy and wrap it in tons of stickers. LOL.
Maybe light gold, satin white, i do think wood grain is a great choice for interior trim. But thats just me bro..
Thanks for the input. I actually just found a sick deal on 2 brand new red bomb racing seats for 100$ so I think I'm just gonna paint my interior trim crimson red. I know red doesn't really go with the exterior, but due to the seats, I think its the right choice.

Ive been looking into making it crimson red trim but having a black splatter type of pattern on it.

something like this

Just not sure how I'd accomplish something like that. I know a guy who does vinyl stickers, and can print decently large ones. So I think I could possibly wrap it and then clear coat it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.