Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Traded balt in in March. Got 2 new cars. A 2013 Focus ST, and a 96 Mustang GT. Sorry guys, but I was always a Ford fan.

Focus ST mods: intake filter, Ford Racing exhaust, tinted tails, plasti dipped rims and hood, painted calipers, vinyl roof. Waiting for Ford Racing to release their tune.

Mustang: CAI, roll bar, blacked out headlight covers, tinted tails with sequencial lights, chrome engine caps. Planning to get Super 44 flowmaster exhaust, and probably headers and h pipe. Mustang is just my car show car so I'm not gonna put lots of go fast stuff into it. Focus blows my mustang out of the water anyway so that's my fast car.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
cant blame you. the st is amazing. theyre selling like crazy at my local dealership, everyone keeps saying "wow, I thought the gti was fast".

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 AM ----------

oh, do you have any sound clips of that frpp exhaust?

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
Traded balt in in March. Got 2 new cars. A 2013 Focus ST, and a 96 Mustang GT. Sorry guys, but I was always a Ford fan.
Judas! Explain your treachery.

Lol, jokes aside, it's amazing what they've done with the new Focus, head-and-shoulders above the outgoing model, though the commercials just irk me. Park assist? What, something wrong with your eyes? Either cars are becoming appliances or we as consumers are becoming lazy. In any case, nice rides, even if they are Fords lol.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Judas! Explain your treachery.

Lol, jokes aside, it's amazing what they've done with the new Focus, head-and-shoulders above the outgoing model, though the commercials just irk me. Park assist? What, something wrong with your eyes? Either cars are becoming appliances or we as consumers are becoming lazy. In any case, nice rides, even if they are Fords lol.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlTy8CHj8t8 here's the vid and the st doesnt have park assist but it does have hill assist where it holds the brake on a hill. usefull on mad steep hills. i traded the balt in cause it was 5 yrs old no more warranty and my trans had a lot of probs and i didnt wanna have to pay out of pocket. was tired of balt and wanted a new and faster car lol

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Really I have to read you post this on two forums. The ST is nice, better without the plastidip and the interior is great. Don't see the point of the Mustang though when the SS/TC and ST are faster...

·
Registered
115 Posts
^Not always about going fast, there's something to be said about crusing in a RWD V8 convertible.

New Focus bodystyle is nice, I just wish the tail lights weren't so huge and wrapped so far around the corner into the rear quarter panel. Nice pickup though, ST's are fun.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
I guess what I really mean is that I'd take a new mustang GT over both of those any day and you can get it for the same price and have the RWD and power.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
^Not always about going fast, there's something to be said about crusing in a RWD V8 convertible.

New Focus bodystyle is nice, I just wish the tail lights weren't so huge and wrapped so far around the corner into the rear quarter panel. Nice pickup though, ST's are fun.
exactly. i got the mustang cause i always wanted a mustang. i actually wanted a new edge that's my fav body style but i guess this is just as good. i didn't want a new one too expensive anyway. this is my weekend car and i use it for car shows. The ST is for daily driving and going fast. The mustangs about as fast as my balt was lol

I guess what I really mean is that I'd take a new mustang GT over both of those any day and you can get it for the same price and have the RWD and power.
and paying for gas every 2 days no thx lol thats y i have focus for power and good on gas lol. mustang sucks down half a tank going only 30 miles jeez i could never dd that

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
The old motor isn't even comparable to the new 5.0.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
did you even read what i wrote? btw when i bought the mustang it had cobra badges and svt on it lol i took them off and put the gt badges back on. also had ricer clear tails.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Yes and I'm stating that the power as well as efficiency is completely different, quite close to your ST I'd say.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
I'm just really sorry for all your future woes. See you in a GM soon!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah right lol im a ford man always have been. my taurus my first car took a hell of a beating before it finally started to break down. just needed a new trans really is all. other then that never had any probs with ford. had lots of probs with balt so no more gm for me

·
Premium Member
2,068 Posts
Lol my girlfriend is getting a new car kinda soon. I tried to convince her to get a st. She said she doesn't want a fast car:(

2005 cobalt base model coupe

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
sell her ass the cobalt and buy an ST lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Not a big Ford fanatic...the ST is a revised MazdaSpeed3 with ford badges, no new tech there. New technology is the Bugatti dual transmission controlled by a TCM with paddle shifters :) Ford cannot compete against German Supercars :) Transmission changing as soon as 150 milliseconds :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.