Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Had a few questions about my Cobalt, so I looked around and found this site, hope it helps.

I just bought a 2009 Cobalt LT XFE last month coming from a V6 gas-gussler
and I'm lovin seein 35mpg avg on my display screen :)

Anyway, not into tuning/modding this car too much, just maybe some minor suspension tunes for better handling in turns, possibly some different headlights, and anything that improves gas mileage is a plus. Having problems finding anything that says compatible with 09 though, hoping to find some answers around here.

I'm from TN btw

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guys. Had a few questions about my Cobalt, so I looked around and found this site, hope it helps.

I just bought a 2009 Cobalt LT XFE last month coming from a V6 gas-gussler
and I'm lovin seein 35mpg avg on my display screen :)

Anyway, not into tuning/modding this car too much, just maybe some minor suspension tunes for better handling in turns, possibly some different headlights, and anything that improves gas mileage is a plus. Having problems finding anything that says compatible with 09 though, hoping to find some answers around here.

I'm from TN btw
I almost took a job in Knoxville but wound up in WV. I find the best way to improve gas mileage is to lose weight, so that's what I'm doing. :p Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Welcome a good start would be a cold air intake, it will give your car a slighty deeper tone, increase horsepower just a little bit, and will give you better MPG awell! search around the site you'll find plenty of stuff that will be of use. Also seach the DIY section to learn howto do all mods to your car yourself!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Welcome...Good selection in vehicles!

You need to do some reading and find out the basics to insure you can use other year cobalt parts without headaches.

example SAI -- does your engine have it (look for a second hose coming out of your air filter box and a valve sitting on top of your exhaust manifold)? If you have SAI, you cannot just replace the manifold with a header or better flowing exhaust manifold without getting CELs (check engine light). Also, if you have SAI then you should stick with the air intakes (like K&N -- on backorder!!!) to attach that second hose that goes to the filter box.

If you don't have SAI then you can use just about any part listed to fit the 2.2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.