Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my Cobalt 3 days; It's my first manual transmission. 2010 black lt... pretty basic. already debadged, putting black vinil on front bowtie, tinting windows after I get payed, and saving for new wheels. This is the first car I'm modding, so I'm looking for some cool ones. cosmetic first, but I would like to start messing with the performance too.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
welcome!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

paint is pretty easy w/the right equipment, pick like a single trim piece to paint a few times, or like a ps2 controller, anything plastic that you can take apart, i used my xbox controller. your going to want to pick somthing small and get enought paint/equipment to do it a few times, it will never be perfect the first time, so after it's painted use the part/product for a few weeks to figure out how you want to avoid whatever imperfections/problems when you get to really painting the car.

just start with more than enough supplies, and go slow, take your time between coats and remember it can always be re-done (..."more than enough supplies", "never perfect the first time") its just a PITA

and the last thing, if you do it properly you will get professional results...even with a rattle can.

·
Registered
575 Posts
you can also remove the plastic chrome thing off the bowtie and paint it easier and then when you are all done can glue it back with some all weather condition epoxy or glue and you are all set:amuse:

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to YC

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everybody. The Vinyl is from a friend who has a huge roll from the registration numbers on his boat... He put it on a friends s10 and a couple other friends cars. I like that with the vinyl you can take it off if it doesnt look good or you want to change it.

---------- Post added at 04:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

I'm in ATL now. visiting NC soon for my friends that are graduating.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome...get out now while you can or be prepared to become a mod addict...lol

BTW...are you a chef? Just wondering about your screen name...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.