Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eibach has redesigned their rear sway bar for the chevy cobalt due to an issue with the old design breaking. I just got mine in today and took some pics before and after I installed it. No issues yet but I didn't get to do any real driving on it yet.

Here is a picture of the old broken one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just looking at the way the anti sway bar is mounted, does it actually do anything? Typically there are bushings on the part of the bar that run the width of the car. This, and being tied in with links is what stops the swaying. This set up looks like it just adds more steel to the axle to make it a little stiffer, but doesn't look as effective as the set up I'm use to. This set up

Just an honest question, I'm new to fwd cars, but I would think the concepts for handling, and eliminating sway would be the same.
Also the silver bar spaning the axle, what does it do? I assume it's there to strengthen the axle and stop it from spreading apart during cornering. Is it part of the sway bar kit or something else?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Nice! Which vendor did you buy this from as I'm going to purchase the full set soon?

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The silver bar is separate from the sway bar kit. It's a rear tie bar from Bwoodyperformance.com.

I found that the old rear sway bar helped a lot with hard cornering. I had the chance to race my car once without the rear sway bar and you can really feel the the difference.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry that went in the rubbisha couple weeks ago :(

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow, I can't believe you threw it away. Its ok though, I live in ND and paying for shipping would have sucked.

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've had quite a few people tell me to ditch the rear tie bar, that its probably making my rear suspension worse rather than give me any kind of benifit, so I took it off yesterday. As far as any benifit from the rear sway bar I can't really say yet. I haven't had a chance to take her for a serious test run.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.