Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some of you may have seen my thread where my other balt got totaled.

I now have had a newer one for about a week I picked up in missouri, it has a few things wrong (synchros, wheel bearing, tear in seat, fan motor, hvac controls light, some surface rust on frame). but the GM warranty is going to cover the transmission and wheel bearing, so the other stuff is small in comparison.

Regardless it's a clean car.

the thing that ticks me off...Friday i was on my way home from work and a guy bumped into me into traffic..haven't even had it a week, he didn't have insurance..so against my better judgement, he gave me all the cash in his wallet(70$) and we went on our way.. got the paint touched up yesterday, but one of the scratches was too deep.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Don't know your laws but here I would've called the cops because we have some kind of protection against uninsured drivers.

Maybe accidents are why he no longer has insurance

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't know your laws but here I would've called the cops because we have some kind of protection against uninsured drivers.

Maybe accidents are why he no longer has insurance

There is, the problem is he didnt have any money, borrowed car. I already had 1 at fault and 1 insured motorist hit me on the last car in the past year, so another uninsured motorist hiting me wouldnt do my rates any favor. He'd be in jail because he could pay the tickets and I'd get stuck with higher rates..it's crappy all the way around.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sorry to hear
I bought mine and didn't even make a freaking payment yet and some old fart rear ends me then a week later some teenage girl just broke up with her BF and rear ends me on the cell phone then week after that the neighbor idiot back out of his driveway while I was going down the road and takes out the whole side of my car bumper to bumper with his damn trailer hitch...and he fled cause he was drunk..nice neighbor eh? All he got was scratch on his hitch....all this happens a almost a year to date from my big accident.....old lady runs a stop sign and totals out my jeep I end up going through the windshield month in the hospital a week after being married on our honey moon...then the religious bitch sues me...long and ****ed up story that is and the judicial system sucks it's for the criminals not the honest people....

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

And yes was wearing a seat belt it malfunctioned

·
Registered
267 Posts
cobalt 09 bright yellow one of the main reason I bought it so I could be seen and felt safe
well that was shot to crap.
went back the dealer an said i wanted a safe car it's not..they told me with the accidents I been in they'd give me $5,000 for it.. month after I paid $10,000
$10,000 with 32,000 miles
2 yrs bumper to bumper warrantee with oil changes..
and old man own it before an was babied
with the warrantee/recall work that been done on it it a whole new car...
took a bit but it's wore on me..

·
Registered
353 Posts
56k warning? Are there seriously still people with dial-up?? :)

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
it means 56k internet speeds aka dial up, he's warning you that there is a lot of pictures in the thread and if you have slow internet it will take forever to load lol. idk why anyone uses that anymore though seeing that no one uses dial up...

·
Registered
353 Posts
I don't miss it but I remember tons of forum posts with those disclaimers in the title (56K no way) lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
I remember taking 15 mins to download an Eminem song with dial up:(

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I remember AOL 2.0, where it cost you $9.95 for the first hour and $14 every hour after, internet was sure expensive in the mid 90s. I had for a computer a 486DX2 66Mhz, this is before Pentium 1 was available so that's how old it is, 128MB of Ram, 40GB HDD, that was stout for 1993. Dial up modem was 36.6k.

Only online services were AOL, CompuServe, and another one, that's it. Google, Yahoo, youtube never existed. AOL had chat rooms and the Warez room was the Mass Mail room of freebie games hacked.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it means 56k internet speeds aka dial up, he's warning you that there is a lot of pictures in the thread and if you have slow internet it will take forever to load lol. idk why anyone uses that anymore though seeing that no one uses dial up...
You guys joke, there are still 2.58 Million AOL subscribers and 3% of americans are still using dial up.

Additionally, it's a courtesy for users with bandwidth limitations(e.g. wireless data plans or *cringe* Satellite internet.)

·
Premium Member
2,635 Posts
cant believe americans can be that patient for dial up anymore lol

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I still post 56k warning, just for old school lulz.

DON'T PICK UP THE PHONE! I'M ON THE INTERNET!!

Where about's in Missery did you pick it up at?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Or my fav from dial up is people trying to call you and they get that annoying internet sound lol. I have Time Warner Cable with 50mb service, may reduce it down to 20mb, but never less than that.

Sad to say, but 4GLTE is faster than dial up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.