Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new exhaust system from mandrel exhaust systems and its a beaut. 2.5 mandrel bend with magnaflow resonator and muffler. 2.5 down pipe with magnaflow high flow cat.

I'll post a sound vid once installed

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Sexy. That should sound good!

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. It's aluminized steel. They have an option for stainless steel. But it's more expensive. Check out mandrelexhaustsystems for more info

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah the resonator is needed. for me anyways. sound is deeper. since its a straight through muffler I thought it would sound like a megan muffler. but not in this case. megan sound higher and ricer at open throttle.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
In my exhaust the resonator does more than the muffler I'm convinced, actually sounds great. Not even near as loud as a megan exhaust, those are about 3x as loud.

·
Registered
83 Posts

Hey bro, it's been awhile. Nice Exhaust system! If I had the cash I'd get magnaflow as well, speaking of exhaust I managed to get my God Snow 05-07 2.2L DOHC Muffler / Exhaust 3.5" tip 2.25" pipe installed sadly they couldn't weld the N1 "ebay" muffler I originally purchased and wanted on. so I'm stuck with the 3.5" tip.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
is the resonator even needed with the systems from them?
The bigger the better for the most part here. Especially if catless, normally it'll sound like shit catless.

·
Say What again!
5,999 Posts
Yep...especially if you're running a supercharger...I have a catted downpipe, and a giant Magnaflow resonator and it's still raspy as hell at WOT. The resonator did help, though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.