Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've updated the exterior looks of my balt.

I few little things here and there, take a gander!

splitter on a lip (may be too much) for the record I hardened it by saturating it thermosetting resins so it's not soft at all:

Vortex generators:

Decal/emblem:

overall back:

overall side:

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ditch the home depot lip, Get bigger rims, drop, finsh the lip kit, remove the emblems. But not a bad start :p

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

EDIT: nvm do you have the lipkit its hard to tell.

·
Registered
141 Posts
take the damn coat hangers off the top of your car....

·
Say What again!
6,037 Posts
Drop it!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

but why the Vortex generators?
And this

·
Banned
7,805 Posts
well mike just thinks every cobalt should look like his lol, I like the bolt thing on the back and the splitter lip thing is kind of hard to tell what is even going on but overall not bad, the wheel tire setup is killing you the most

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Not really feeling the front lip. I was wondering about how those vortex thing would look on a Cobalt. I do agree with a bigger rim/tire combo. Side pics do look nice though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
lookin good, kinda weird with the vortex things, but whatever, maybe that gets you 1% better fuel economy...

i used a small circle piece of black vinyl to cover up the trunk lock, just an idea.

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
I love the way the rear looks with the lip on! Now debadge the chevy bowtie. Get some springs too! itll make the kit look better.

Not feeling the front lip and vortex generators. but thats it!

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

heres a sig if you want it!

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Oh and dont let some of the comments get to you.
If YOU like what youve done to your car, then keep it and keep doing it!

Just because some people dont like it, doesnt mean you have to take it off.
Like my car, i know there are people who dont like my fender stripes, but its all good, cuz I DO! lol

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
i like that rear lip alott

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
wow. take that garage sealer off ur car!!!!!!!!

get those side skirts on there, drop the car and use some tire shine. done.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Idk why everyone is hating on this ride...
I think it looks fine

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ditch the home depot lip, Get bigger rims, drop, finsh the lip kit, remove the emblems. But not a bad start :p

---------- Post added at 07:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:25 AM ----------

EDIT: nvm do you have the lipkit its hard to tell.
Um... thanks if that were some form of complements :p Yeah I need bigger wheels, but I'm waiting for next year since my winters will be on soon.

take the damn coat hangers off the top of your car....
Coat hangers where? :p

I really like the front. Very nicely done, but why the Vortex generators?
thanks and:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/about_us/technology/review/e/pdf/2004/16E_03.pdf

this is why straight from mitso R&D, plus it's different.

Drop it!!!!

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------

And this
yeah yeah I know, but I'm not going to drop it (though it would look alot better) until I either get coil overs or FE5s.

and this

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/corporate/about_us/technology/review/e/pdf/2004/16E_03.pdf

well mike just thinks every cobalt should look like his lol, I like the bolt thing on the back and the splitter lip thing is kind of hard to tell what is even going on but overall not bad, the wheel tire setup is killing you the most
couldn't have said it better myself!

‘lightning’ bolt, very clever, I love it. Have you thought about painting your trunk lock black? I think it would finish off your trunk nicely.
thanks! figured reusing the letters, but couldn't come up with anything better.

Not really feeling the front lip. I was wondering about how those vortex thing would look on a Cobalt. I do agree with a bigger rim/tire combo. Side pics do look nice though.
thanks! Yeah I was a little hesitant on adding the lip, but it's mostly to protect the actual lip from damage during winter, mind you I live in Montreal. Winters here isn't exactly the same as most (of not all) states.

lookin good, kinda weird with the vortex things, but whatever, maybe that gets you 1% better fuel economy...

i used a small circle piece of black vinyl to cover up the trunk lock, just an idea.
Yeah the vortex thingy didn't look as good as I expected, but I took the time and money to install it so it's gonna stay at least for now!

And thanks for the idea, actually that's pretty good.

I love the way the rear looks with the lip on! Now debadge the chevy bowtie. Get some springs too! itll make the kit look better.

Not feeling the front lip and vortex generators. but thats it!

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

heres a sig if you want it!

---------- Post added at 12:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

Oh and dont let some of the comments get to you.
If YOU like what youve done to your car, then keep it and keep doing it!

Just because some people dont like it, doesnt mean you have to take it off.
Like my car, i know there are people who dont like my fender stripes, but its all good, cuz I DO! lol
Wow thanks gCobalt, really appreciate your feedback and you are right. Actually I know the lip is a little tacky, but the 3M stuff I put is already all scratched out at the bottom and since GM ain't making that lip no more I need to protect it.

But I don't know why everyone knocking so hard on the vortex, there's legitimate engineering for that. Plus it was quite a process to put it at the correct angle.

Anywho, thanks for the sig, I think I'm gonna take it! I need to learn how to photoshop..... >_<

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

i like that rear lip alott
Haha thanks for staying nice... it's what I don't read that counts right? :p

wow this one's even nicer .... geez should I wait for the third one? j/k

wow. take that garage sealer off ur car!!!!!!!!

get those side skirts on there, drop the car and use some tire shine. done.
point taken.

but I must correct you that there are side skirts on already. Not gonna drop it as per earlier statement. IMO tire shine is a waste of money. done.

Idk why everyone is hating on this ride...
I think it looks fine
thanks! Much appreciated! it's alright~~ everyone has their opinions. I kinda knew that people would start knockin' on things that area slighty out of the ordinary. Oh well.. that's life. If I didn't welcome all comments I wouldn't have posted it in the first place.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts

this is why straight from mitso R&D, plus it's different.

yeah yeah I know, but I'm not going to drop it (though it would look alot better) until I either get coil overs or FE5s.

yeah the vortex thingy didn't look as good as I expected, but I took the time and money to install it so it's gonna stay at least for now!

IMO tire shine is a waste of money. done.
You have a Cobalt...not a Mitsibushi...I don't know why you keep posting those links...

And you say Tire shine is a waste of money? IMO, so was the money you spent on the vortex degenerators and home depot lip.

This is my opinion...not hatin...

And you say you're not going to drop it until you get "coilovers or FE5's"... FE5's will not drop your car.

Its whatever....

·
Registered
464 Posts
... I like the front lip *shrugs*

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You have a Cobalt...not a Mitsibushi...I don't know why you keep posting those links...

And you say Tire shine is a waste of money? IMO, so was the money you spent on the vortex degenerators and home depot lip.

And you say you're not going to drop it until you get "coilovers or FE5's"... FE5's will not drop your car.

Its whatever....
What does technology have anything to do with what brand you own? What just cause proven aerodynamics work on a mitsu, cobalts don't apply to the laws of physics?

If posting twice in reply to different comments is considered "keep on posting" that's hardly my problem.

And because tire shine wears off and vortex generators and home depot lips don't.

Also, how does FE5s shocks and springs not drop the car? Might want to check your info. SS has 1.5in and 1.3in lower front and back respectively from FE1 shocks and springs.

If you're not hating you certainly have a weird way of showing it Mike.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Its whatever....
... I like the front lip *shrugs*
thanks! I know it's a little ghetto :)

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
What does technology have anything to do with what brand you own? What just cause proven aerodynamics work on a mitsu, cobalts don't apply to the laws of physics?

If posting twice in reply to different comments is considered "keep on posting" that's hardly my problem.

And because tire shine wears off and vortex generators and home depot lips don't.

Also, how does FE5s shocks and springs not drop the car? Might want to check your info. SS has 1.5in and 1.3in lower front and back respectively from FE1 shocks and springs.

If you're not hating you certainly have a weird way of showing it Mike.

Those generators might actually do something at "higher" speeds...thats what Im getting at.

Im just gonna leave the "tire shine" comment go...

OK, you'll get a 10-15mm drop if you put FE5 springs/shocks/struts on a LS/LT.

That is not a drop, that is a car load of fat chicks (No offense if there are any here)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.