Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the sign shop yesterday after work and asked for 2 fender stripes, he made me them and said have a great day (actually wanted him to do it but he was ready to close up), so I hurried home and decided to put them on. I started with the right side...it was a disaster, wrinkled like a s.o.b, so I ripped it back off. This morning I got up bright and early to go back and get another one made and have him put them both on. Got there and told him I needed another one, but he said he had to go do another job and come back in an hour and a half. I told him what had happened to mine and all he said was cut it in half ( again I'd have to do it myself ffs).Went back, wasn't there, drove around more and took my ex to the supermarket then went back to the sign shop. Still wasn't there. So I went to the ex-girlfriend's house and put the one I had left on my car with her help. Here's the pic (not sure if I'm gonna get another one made for the right side or not)

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

[/IMG]

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I paid $20 for 2, but now since I only have one I guess I should say that the one on my car cost $20 lol

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its almost 8 inches wide and quite stiff...I did it by myself outside in the wind (which didn't help matters) and it was hard to place it down straight and keep it from sticking out of place while at the same time trying to get it to stick at the top. When I went over the curves of the fender, the stripe kinda prematurely stuck to the fender without me noticing, so when I went over it with a putty knife to get it to stick to the fender, it kinda went on top of each other resulting in really bad wrinkles, like an old man's nutsack . There was nothing I could do to fix it but to rip it back off and do alot of cursing

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
looks good man

·
Registered
86 Posts
Its almost 8 inches wide and quite stiff...I did it by myself outside in the wind (which didn't help matters) and it was hard to place it down straight and keep it from sticking out of place while at the same time trying to get it to stick at the top. When I went over the curves of the fender, the stripe kinda prematurely stuck to the fender without me noticing, so when I went over it with a putty knife to get it to stick to the fender, it kinda went on top of each other resulting in really bad wrinkles, like an old man's nutsack . There was nothing I could do to fix it but to rip it back off and do alot of cursing

Uh...... you been spending time checking out old men's nutsacks?

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've heard stories from VONs

·
Registered
140 Posts
Stripes look good. Not sure on the JET Performance decal though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had doubts on it too after it was put on...thought about just keeping the magnaflow one..I had wanted the Jet one the same size as the magnaflow one but because of the design it was impossible

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I def had mine done by a pro. man, I can't think of putting on my 5' stripes by myself.

the one you have on looks good.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks, I took the Jet decal off last night, much cleaner looking, left the magnaflow ones on tho

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
looks good bud. just keep the one on, you don't want two on anyways, a little over the top.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looks good bud. just keep the one on, you don't want two on anyways, a little over the top.
Already got 2 on now...looked kinda funny with just the driver side one, was driving around for a week like that

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Well post up some pics of it, bc I know the old corvettes had just one on the driver side, didn't know if that was what you were going for.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)

Hmmm..did it wrong, always forget how to, attempt number 2 ffs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.