Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HA! Hey guys, as it says, I'm new here (kinda), I look around but don't post too much. I'm from Athens/ Battle Creek/ K-zoo. Anyone from around any of those? Anyways, Here is a little about me right now and my car (of course):

Me - I'm 24 going on 25, I'm in the Army (currently in Iraq), and I'm a mechanic in the Army. I'm also an ASE Master Certified Tech for both auto and diesels, so as you can see, cars/trucks are my passion. I already stated where I'm from so, now, lets get onto the car (my baby).

Car. My car is a 2009 Cobalt SS turbo. It is the G85 and it is victory red w/ a high-rise wing. Here is the current mods on it:

Performance:
Injen CAI
Injen Hot Side CP
Dejon FMIC
Dejon BPV Spring Upgrade
Custom 3" Catless DP
Full 3" Exhaust
Muffler Delete
Custom Tune

Exterior:
"Evo X" mod (can show pics of what I'm talking about if interested)
Gen 2 Euro/HALO/HID/LED headlights
Debadged

Suspension and Handling:
Stock (But springs are already ordered and on the way)(Will use the springs for regular street driving and use KSport GTComp Coilovers for track.
Tires are Goodyear Eagle GT's for Winter tires and Yokohama Parada Series II for summers

Interior:
ZZPerformance triple Gauge pillar
AEM Cobalt full tilt 30/30 boost gauge
AEM EUGO Wideband
Possible Fuel pressure gauge soon
B&W Hurst STS
Custom Blue gauges from Black Cat Customs
Pioneer AVH-4100DVD

Stats:
With everything that is on the car right now running 22psi here are the numbers I put down on the dyno and at the track:
Dyno - 356HP/398TQ
1/4mi best - [email protected] (with stock tires (before the Yoko's were put on and had MAJOR wheel spin in second and part of third).

Future plans:
Get my suspension finished
CF hood and Wing
5% tint all around
Upgrade the tune with either HP Tuners again or Trifecta
Turbo Upgrade (debating on the GT3076R or the SB258)
Cold Side CP
Vent to Atmosphere BOV
External WG
Cams (already got some getting worked on :))
Header
Get fuel tables upgraded
Stage 4 Clutch
Stage 3 Flywheel
then some minor visuals

Well what do ya guys think? It's still a work in progress right now, but it's getting better. I don't have any updated photos of my car, as it only had the Injen CP and custom gauges on it the last time I took pics of it. When it gets warmer out, I will see about getting some new photos for you guys to post them up. Let me know what you think.

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
Welcome to yourcobalt.com

Sounds like a nice ride you got there, post some pics

BTW we know what the evo mod is....lol

moved to *New member intros*

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah, it's nice for me. And it doesn't play so nice with the other sports cars on the road though, so it makes more enemies than friends! lol.

I'll post up the pics that I have of it right now (the old ones), then get some new ones hopefully in a few weeks or so. But anywho, I will get pics up tomorrow of my baby.

·
Not justice...Punishment
3,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We will be lookin forward to those pics when you get back. Be safe in the big cat box.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Welcome to the forum. We will be lookin forward to those pics when you get back. Be safe in the big cat box.
HAHA!! wow will that's funny!!

and welcome.

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to YC

·
Registered
810 Posts
sounds sexy.. post pics!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome to yourcobalt.com. If you are interested, we are also a forum vendor on xceedspeed.com They are a Michigan based sport compact forum.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Damn dude, beauty dyno and 1/4 mile numbers. You should check in on CSS.net as well, you definitely have one of the quickest times yet for an SS/TC.

Welcome to YC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Should I be here?

I just registered, and I don't have a Cobalt, just a part (the steering column). I'm building a car and plan on using the power steering from an 06 cobalt. Unfortunitly, I can't find a wiring diagram for the column, and turn signal switch, headlight switch and wiper switch. So if I have stumbled onto a site for purists, don't flame me just let me know and I'll just sneak off into the ozone. :cheesy:

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the welcome guys. I will try to post up some pics tomorrow, just been super busy getting back into the swing of things here. I am on CSS.net as well. I'm also on LNFperformance.com, but not too often. I don't get onto forums all that much since I'm here, but when I'm back I'm on all the time. Again, I will try to get some pics up tomorrow, but they won't be updated pics. I'll get ahold of someone to try and get updated pics of the car on the next possible good day. Sound good? thanks for the welcome guys.

·
Registered
821 Posts
woot... same year and 4dr, cant wait ta see it!

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, it seems as tho weather is keeping me from getting any updated pics as of yet, but here are the ones I have had before. Again, when I can get new ones I will.

Again, I'll get more when the weather is good enough for my mom to get more for me (as I am in Iraq and it's kinda hard to get them myself lol).

What do you guys think so far? Mind you this is from July 4th of this year, so these ARE old.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.