Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What am I doing wrong? Do I take the palstic off it? It doesn't have the same lok as the old one metal clips not there just this palstic on it!

my new filter has a plastic piece at the end where the fuel ine goes in, the old one didn't have that white plastic piece and I had to put the old one back on cause the new one doesn't click with that plastic on it plus it leaks got it from napa what am I doing wrong says it's the right part but the old one theres absolutely no leaks https://www.napacanada.com/en/search?text=NSF%2B23980&referer=semantic&se=1

·
Registered
3 Posts
Clean up the end of the fuel line maybe with some emery cloth and smear of Vaseline

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
If it still doesn’t work take the old one to the auto parts store do you need to match it should be exactly the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
93 Posts
Some aftermarket fuel filters have that plastic connector and they can leak. I’ve changed my fuel fuel a few times and one the filters I used had a plastic connector and it was always a little wet looking. I now always buy the fuel filters with the metal connector like the OEM filter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts