Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a looong 6 months since I grenaded my stock lnf transmission in October '13 at the road track, running ZFR on e47 at 26psi. I know I know, asking for it right?...
Well the next chapter begins...took these pics today at my performance shop. My brand new Powell 4.45 F35. Not just the gears, but the case, shift forks, everything, has been cryogenically treated by the man himself. LSJ TOB for good measure (as they seem to hold out better than lnf). Should be in the car by next weekend, hopefully. There's a Z06 and another LS beast in line ahead of me lol

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Well I can tell you posted this on CSS first since the part you added in about the LSJ TOB Powell posted there.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can tell you posted this on CSS first since the part you added in about the LSJ TOB Powell posted there.
Yeah that was news to me too. Powell just never ceases to amaze me. Talk about going the extra mile...

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Is the final drive faster or the same

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
With the 4.45 final drive 5th gear would top out at a lower speed vs 3.86 (what he had), so each gear tops out at a lower speed but you accelerate faster in each gear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.