Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, my names Bobby, ive been driving the wifey's 07 cobalt LS 4 door lately, and it definetly needs some work.

its got around 60k on it, and shes owned it since 30k.

Somehow....every strut is blown, this thing has the worst god damn teeth chattering ride i have EVER seen in my life.... worse than a civic on ebay coilovers!

so i was wondering if i threw some tein springs or whatever they had on ebay for 2 inch drop, with KYB struts how would the ride be? (if kybs can even handle a 2" drop) if not what other struts besides super expensive konis are there? I have a 3 month old son and live in MA and the car already rides like shit so i dont want to spend the money and have the car ride like shit and be lower to the ground.

other than that im going to do a few small things, getting it tinted next week, hids, and im trying to make a intake although im not sure where to go, because all the intakes ive found are at least $200, im gunna grab a MAF adpater section at pep boys and hopefully it will transfer, then just run a long pipe into the fender.

any help you guys could give me would be great as far as simple mods and maintaining these NON ss cobalts, i also am about to order the N1 catback which is only $150 on ebay!

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Spectre Part No. 8208 - Modular Cold Air Intakes
This would be more what you need - they also sell a separate MAF section and an adapter that fits GM for just a couple of bucks, if you use the stock air box I think the only other thing you should need would a 45 degree elbow

that link is to a spectre intake for a ford V8 - it wouldn't have the right parts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.