Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my name is Nate. I found your site via Google. Been on cobaltss.net but ...bla.

I have a 2004 Grand Prix Gt and a 1996 Camaro Z28 right now. I am thinking about trading the grand prix in on a cobalt. Looking at a 2007+ Cobalt LS in red with a 5 speed.

Generally, these cars are solid right? My grand prix has been very reliable, and I want the same from my next car.

What are the weak spots on these cars?

thanks

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Welcome, if my car was gonna get totaled I was looking at a grand prix. lol but idk there good cars, the interior likes to rattle, there pretty peppy for a four banger. other then that not a bad car might be a step down from a grand prix though.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a step down that I want to take. So sick of window motors dying, gauge problems, etc.

I had a 97 Z24 Cavalier and loved it, this car isnt "me"

·
Registered
156 Posts
Welcome! I was driving a Monte Carlo and had to trade it in for something more practical for family use and got a 2010 Cobalt LT and i love it... I think i actually like it more than my Monte Carlo. Ive only had the car for a little over a month and i haven't had any problems with is

·
Registered
757 Posts
welcome to YC!!!!!
ive gotten in 3 accidents with my car, 1st wreck it got totaled front end, 2nd wreck got rear ended and its wasnt that bad, did more damage to the truck that hit me, 3rd wreck, hit a raccoon, messed up the front bumper pretty bad.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Welcome! I had a grand prix gt a few years ago. It was an awesome car,..... until I totaled it. I flipped it a (few) times.... The Cobalt is an awesome car though! The bushings go bad fast, but they're not hard to change and not too expensive.

·
Registered
127 Posts
welcome to the site, plan on havin some fun and getting some good tips/tricks from the peeps here too. as far as weak points on the cobalt...there may be alot, depends on your luck i guess. ive had almost $6,000 worth of work done on my car since i got it, and it only has 16k on it!!! but its all been warranty work since i got it new thru the cash for clunker program. my advice if ur lookin for an 07 or newer, get it gm certified and get the extended warranty, it may be worth the extra few bucks a month now to avoid possible thousands of dollars in repairs later imo... good luck though!!!

where in mi r u at?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.