Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone... I just bought an 09 Cobalt LT coupe. Its a sport red tint and im looking to remove the Side Stripes... and the little GM logo in the from of the car... and Possible the "cobalt lt" name tag on the back of the car...

Any help?

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
They are all held on with double sided tape. On a hot day, just start pealing them off with a credit card or some fishing line. For the excess glue, use some WD40, goo gone, or some bug and tar remover.

You can also use a blow dryer to substitute a hot day.

·
Registered
142 Posts
easy... people say to use dental floss to pull it off from behind... thats HOG WASH.. just grab and pull... they aren't through the metal just some sticky glue pull them all off the side stripes, logos (badges) all of it.. you will have some sticky glue left over use the bottom of your shoe ya it sounds wierd but works the best... in a rolling moting like your rolling doughe get the glue off will take a little elbow greeze, as for the left over glue residue... put some WD 40 on a rag and rub it off... wash... wax... SHINE!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
to take off the badges I just used some fishing line and than used my fingers to get the adhesive off with some adhesive remover. Cannot even tell they were on there. Afterwards just a wash to the area and area's where the adhesive remover got and than waxed

·
Wootsauce!
8,593 Posts
welcome to the site...as for the removing of logos and the side strips...on a hot day take some goo gone, 20 pound fishing line,old credit card. make sure you have a bucket of soapy water near by so once you do get the said items removed you can wipe off affected area. Start by squirting some goo gone kinda behind the logo or whatever you are taking off let set for a few minutes. take fishing line and work behind logo etc... you may have to pick off excess tape by hand. try to reduce the amount of scraping with a credit card, you dont want to scratch the whip. after all tape is removed clean the area with soapy water, rinse off, dry the area. you can also take some polishing compound to the area to make sure all is good and she shines. lastly step back and admire your work. hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
yeah, what they said... it takes a while & i got a kazillion blisters, but its worth it!
I did it on a hot day & used a hair dryer, it was just easier, then i finished w/ bug & tar remover-the spray kind, not the kind in the can lookin thing, but their both Turtle Wax...

welcome btw!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help. I succesfull got it all of... However now how would I polish it back to the color I want it to look like??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.