Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm new here on YC. I've been on CSS and LC for a couple of months now and thought I'd come and see what's goin on over here. Anyway I own a 2009 Rally Yellow SS. I bought her new in November with 360 miles on the odometer. So far I haven't done much. The week I got the car I took the bowtie off the trunk and the GM logos off the fenders. 2 weeks ago I got the windows tinted 15% on everything but the windshield. I currently have an ARK shorty Antenna in the mail. I plan on putting a highrise wing on it and when I get my refund from school I'm going to get either the Dejon Charge Piping or the Injen Charge Piping and the HKS SSQV limited BOV. Anyway here are some pics from the day I bought her. I'll get some new ones probably tomorrow when I wash and wax her.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
821 Posts
im currently running Trifecta with the Injen charge piping and HKS BOV...... if you increase PSI take EXTRA care of these pipes before the install...... I have a major headache keeping a coupler on it and it keeps exploding like a grenade at full pressure. First i tried clamps, then i tried MORE clamps.... then a few different setups.... WHAT I NEED are Heavy duty clamps, i currently only have one, and its not the correct size.....

as of right now I have a huge exhaust clamp on it!

*anyway, like im telling you.... LOOK at the pipe, either Dejon or Injen and check it out! If it doesnt have a "lip" on the edge where a rubber boot/coupler goes have a machine shop weld a bead and grind one out on it for you, so the pipe has some grip and will hold the pipe clamp in place, instead of Detonating off the end of the pipe lol

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hey man, howdy!:bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome to yc and nice car! I also dream of yenko btw lol

·
Levee
3,210 Posts
I would be careful with running a Atmospheric BOV. I'm sure if you've been around on CSS, you will know the drama it can cause when you tune, unless you get the CAI maf relocator kit. But welcome none the less :) Another TC for the team here ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all the welcomes guys. Yeah lately I've been leading more toward the Dejon BPV spring instead of a BOV. I figure it will be too much trouble once I get a tune and I don't plan on running enough HP to need one now that I've actually looked at my plans. I mean 10 bucks is better than 180 too. That's 180 bucks that I can put elsewhere like a TWM STS :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.