Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, name is Mike and I got my 2006 2.4L Cobalt SS in January of this year and while it has its share of issues, it is probably the best 4cyl car I have ever owned! My previous vehicle was a gas guzzling full size truck. 11mpg and unstoppable but I am much happier now with 25mpg and paying half for insurance and fuel as compared to the truck.

As for the problems it has, the first issue is an exhaust leak. Noticed it when changing the oil this past weekend. The gasket for the exhaust manifold, between the block and manifold, apparently wore out. Car ran fine when I bought it but within the past week, got a LOT louder. So it goes in to the dealer in the morning for repair under warranty. Good thing I found out about that 5 year/60k mile powertrain! The other issue it has is the interior. The headliner has burn holes, the silver trim pieces are worn out, and the carpet has stains. But all that will be fixed in time.

So, glad to be here, and hope to learn and share vital information. :nuts:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, im working my way around, seeing whats going on.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome to the Balt family!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okey dokey, here are some from the cell phone.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am from VA, saw that there have been a few meet and greets but all have passed. I am closer to DC though. I am all about modifying but more on the performance side, not so much cosmetic. However, rims and window tint are on the immediate mod list.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I am from VA, saw that there have been a few meet and greets but all have passed. I am closer to DC though. I am all about modifying but more on the performance side, not so much cosmetic. However, rims and window tint are on the immediate mod list.
hey cool we have a few VA-er's here. and there's still the PA meet if you're interested - lots of people are coming from other states for it, so you may be able to go up with a couple of people from here: http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/pennsylvania/14676-summer-2010-pennsylvania-meet-updates-please-read.html

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the comments and warm welcome guys!!! and gals, if there are any.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my car back last night. Dealer had to put in a new catalytic converter. Said I had a leak in the flex portion of my mid-pipe. All done under the powertrain warranty. Thank goodness for that because it would have been quite expensive otherwise.

Now the car is too quiet so I may be investing in a header and catback system. Suggestions on brands I should look for? I like how the Hahn sounds but I also like the dual outlet that SLP offers.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.