Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there I just seen this site and joined not to long ago I bought an 05 balt (base model) in Jan. trying to find ways to give it a little extra for not alot of cash. A few things I am considering are K&N intake, MSD ignition controller for now that is all until i get some extra cash but having a kid is expensive. Anyway i am well aware of what the intake will do has anyone had an MSD controller on their balt? I know on that on my freinds V-8 it made a big difference how will it effect this 2.2 ecotec?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
i'm sure if you get the controller, you are gonna also wanna spend some change on a decent tune as well, cause for the controller to work efficiently, you need to change a few ratios in the motor's ECU.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend in texas said there are many cars with similar engines running at the tracks and that it should only need installed and should work but like cobaltKrazy said i should tune it. Anyway i can try it if it doesnt work out i can take it back to the auto parts shop and get my money back or sell it to my freind who has an s-10 with a 383.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you know what i just found the msd application guide it doesnt show any parts compatible with the cobalt however i did send tech support a question.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.