Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought an 09 Cobalt coupe LS (Red) with the 5 speed manual and XFE package. I traded in the old s-10 Blazer on the "Cash for Clunkers" program. I am an employee at a Chevy dealer so I also got my employee discount and some other rebates going on at the time. I ended up getting my car for half price after everything was said and done. I have only had it for a couple days now and I am very happy so far. I already de-badged it and am going to order new taillights and headlights for it. I would also like to get some 17" rims and the GM performance exhaust along with some window tint. I don't know how much money I want to put into it though because I have an actual project vehicle that I'm working on. decisions decisions... Oh well, I think I've blabbed enough for now, this looks like a good forum to be part of.

Brian.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not worried about the XFE mileage. I just went from 18 mpg to 30+ lol. I could care less if I lose a few MPG after that jump. Plus I live in MN so I would probably run the stock rims and tires in the winter to keep the salt off the good rims.

thanks for the welcomes.

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you wouldn't be referencing to s10forum would you lol. I am a member over there. lots of e-thugs and flaming going on, but it is good entertainment.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
welcome and congrats on the new purchase. As for how much you spend, eh, no one really plans to have a limit set. I was surprised when I added everything I had done together and saw what I am at now. I do feel better knowing I saved a good amount on some of the stuff thanks to hook ups.

Good luck with the new ride, get some pics up when you can!

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone. I am excited to see what kind of mods everyone is doing to their Cobalts. I am surprised at how many aftermarket parts are available for these cars. I am liking it more and more all of the time.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
you should post a couple pics of ur blazer. sounds good

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
here are a couple pics of the Blazer. It is very ugly in the color department right now lol. The suspension is all operating but there is still no floor or fire wall in it. I built the body mounts to attach it to the frame first and next come floor panels.

The Blazer to the right is the one I traded on the "clunker" program for the Cobalt. It had over 200,000 miles and was getting very rusty.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

There are a few more pics for you photobucket lurkers if you want.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
here are a couple pics of the Blazer. It is very ugly in the color department right now lol. The suspension is all operating but there is still no floor or fire wall in it. I built the body mounts to attach it to the frame first and next come floor panels.

The Blazer to the right is the one I traded on the "clunker" program for the Cobalt. It had over 200,000 miles and was getting very rusty.

[/IMG]

[/IMG]

There are a few more pics for you photobucket lurkers if you want.

HOLY CRAP, i cant believe I missed this post

I am in LOVE w/ ur blazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bagged n bodydropped FTW! (i dont care if it is still different colors, under construction is still sexy to me!) I want something like that so bad, but ive been thinkin about a Hardbody or a newer s10... but of course... that'll be a while from now..........

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.