Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i'm new to this forum thing. I have a black 2005 Cobalt coupe 5 speed now i have a set of 17's that i run during the summer but i still have the stock suspension and that has a considerable wheel gap i would like to lower it 2 inches at the most i was wondering what would be a good cheap way to go about doing that any input would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Howdy and welcome.

There is a few spring options out there for a nice drop. Eibach sportlines lower it a nice bit, might want to look into Cobalt SS/TC struts aswell. There is other spring options, B&G springs drop the car alittle more than Sportlines but I like my sportlines.

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Welcome aboard mang! What model do u have? If its not ss, to achieve a 2" drop u have lots of spring options. Progress,k-sport,eibach sportlines, and ccs being the most popular. I have sportlines and am happy with them. Good quality, but a bit bouncy. Ccs are supposed to be the most comfortable of the springs in the 2" range. But if handling is what you want then look into pedders. Not quite the drop, but going to handle and ride the best. Look into the performance suspension and faq thread in the suspension forum. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mines just a base model 5 speed i also need new struts in the front so i figured to change out the springs while i change them cause of a clunking noise in the front end i didn't want anything drastic due to the fact that its my only car and have to navigate through snow in the winter don't really want to get stuck. When the time comes for the 17's to go back on i'll post pics

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
yeah springs are probably your best option. I personnaly have sportlines on right now. Very happy with them but heard that B&G will give you more drop!

btw welcome!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks the only pic i have right now can't wait to put the rims back on and take a few more. I've gotten some good deals to make it look better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.