Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Head Unit

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Jaredf920 
#1 ·
Ok so at work i got one of my friends from our car audio department looking around for me but i was wondering what you guys thought. I'm looking to get one that has the pop-out screen, naviagation ready, XM ready, and ipod compatable. if anyone has suggestions or reasons i should or should not do this, please, i'm open to suggestions.

#2 ·
Stay away from the fold out screen...the motors can have major problems after a while even name brand (they won't always, but they can).

You're better off getting a double din.

#3 ·
I have a flip out DVD player, I love it and I have had no problems with it, but I wish I had bought a double din. When it is flipped out it will block your 2 middle AC vents which is why I am going to buy a double din in the near future.

#4 ·
Dont get a flip out, 1) Take a look at where the headunit will be located and measure about 5-6 inchs above it and look what you got ... It will block the heating / A.C. Vents.
2) When those things have something go wrong with them or break there done for. My friend bought one and a fuse or something on the inside went and it was gonna cost him as much to fix it as he almost paid for the damn thing.
Go with either a Double Din or In Dash. I think the indash looks great in the cobalt since out stock head units are so huge. It really utalizes that extra space

#5 ·
so whats a double din?

#7 ·
well i need built in navigation and the reason i wanted the flip out screen is because around here a ton of people break into cars and steal anything that looks remotely expensive so that was my reasoning...

#9 ·
Plan on getting an aftermarket alarm for your car and also go to your insurance and have them put insurance on your stereo then.

#10 ·
so the pop out screen is that bad?

#11 ·
is it really that terrible cuz i dont wanna do a new alarm system and i want something that looks like its not there so no prick around here steals my stuff

#12 ·
ok, i talked to my car-fi guy at work, and he said that double din is guna be the way to go for the sake of cost. anyone got suggestions? need built in navi, xm ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.