Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New guy here. I just picked up an 07 ls that is supercharged with a stage 5 pulley. I have my autometer air fuel gauge hooked up now and it shows me lean conditions. I'm seeing like 17 pounds of boost but the car cuts out really bad. Its got stock injectors and a boost controller, should i turn the boost down??

i believe the stage 5 pulley is a 2.4 or so it comes out to be on my caliper, the snout of the blower looks to be machined for the pulley to fit.

Where should i start to figure out why its cutting out?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Welcome to the site.
It sounds like the previous owner was slapping a part on without regard to the effects on the rest of the engine. You might want to take note to see if your mods are all synced up. I know there are people here who will be able to give you some advice. But, they are going to need to know what all has been done to your engine before they can help you.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Welcome to the site.
It sounds like the previous owner was slapping a part on without regard to the effects on the rest of the engine. You might want to take note to see if your mods are all synced up. I know there are people here who will be able to give you some advice. But, they are going to need to know what all has been done to your engine before they can help you.
i will agree, if your car is running lean, then something hasnt been upgraded to match, be it a high flow fuel filter, bigger injectors, something. We need more info

Welcome

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Welcome to the site! I'm sure you need bigger injectors for that much boost. Try to wright up a list of mods that have been done then we can help you further. How is it tuned?

·
Registered
450 Posts
welcome to yourcobalt,there are plenty of people here that can help. but a complete list of upgrades is needed with part numbers if possible. this way we can find specs and things like fuel comsumption can be calculated for your specific application.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.