Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone i'm martin from south texas i just recently got me a 09 cobalt ls for a daily driver. It's a great little car no power what so ever but it gets real good mileage and that what counts. Future plans are an intake and a tune to help get more mileage out of it, what intakes do you guys recommend I don't want something to loud i just want better mileage. Also I have the hptuners software which I use on my truck but for some reason it doesn't support my cobalt's ecm, who do you guys recommend for tunning.Here are a couple of pics of my cobalt and my truck. By the way my truck still needs a bit of tuning but it was able to hit two 14 flat 1/4miles at 99 with sucky 2.1 60ft. on 105 degree weather all motor no spray yet.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
go with the aem, k&n or injen intake. people seem to have issues with the other intakes throwing codes. or you could do the airbox mod with k&n drop in. i know hptuners supports the 07's and up. but dont know much more about it. welcome to yc btw.
Thanks for the info i'll be looking into the k&n, and I just found out hptuners does support it you just have to email the support team so they can send you the beta version of their software. Thanks for the welcome hope to learn more about this cars, I don't know why but I just can't seem to leave anything stock :bigsmile: . As of right know i'm working on the tune let's see what this little thing can do lol.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Newcomer to newcomer: Welcome to the site! And nice rides bro!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys for the welcome, and for now i'm telling myself it will be a tune and intake only car but then again thats what i said when i first got my truck lol. Hope to learn from you guys and see how it turns out.

·
Say What again!
6,013 Posts
Welcome to the site!

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
Thanks guys for the welcome, and for now i'm telling myself it will be a tune and intake only car but then again thats what i said when i first got my truck lol. Hope to learn from you guys and see how it turns out.
Haha ya, when i got mine it was just going to be intake and tint. Still havnt tinted yet. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.