Chevy Cobalt Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Here. Hi to All! Need to Mount a License Bracket.

4K views 21 replies 21 participants last post by  blazerlow 
#1 ·
Hi,

I am happy to have found this forum. I have been having some issues with my 2006 cobalt and would love to get some input.

The most pressing issue is that I have moved from a state that did not require a front license tag to be displayed. Having purchased the car in Florida, the from bumper is pristine with no bracket. I am now in New Jersey and find myself needing a front tag. I am wanting to avoid taking it to the dealership as that is typically a more expensive solution.

Does anyone have any idea regarding the best method for mounting the bracket on the front bumper and what bracket and mounting screws etc. to purchase?

Thanks much!!

#3 ·
*shakes fist* (ive been doing that alot lately, aparantly i need to work on my rage...HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Anyways, Back on topic

WELCOME TO YC! :-D

I have to have a stupid front tag too, but i bought my car in VA so it was already mounted on the car when i bought it... you could just use reg screws & drill it right into the bumper, that's how THE DEALERSHIP did my Scion tC when i bought it, they didnt even give me a bracket... so i guess its technically all up to you & how you want it to look & stuff... if that made any sense...lol

#13 ·
Welcome!

Your LUCKY for not having extra holes in your front bumper from a license bracket..... If I were you I would put my front plate on the dash, in the windshield and cross fingers for as long as I could..... and even if I got a ticket I would procrastinate and probably still leave it on the dash.

#19 ·
Welcome! And your in Jersey, so you gotta have it on there. My ex lives in Jersey and I had to add one to her car. I have a GM bracket for sale. $5 plus shipping. You need 3 - 3/16th rivits and a 3/16th drill bit. There should be 3 little dimples on the front bumper. check that it lines up, drill and rivit it on. Bam. let me know!

#22 ·
welcome, not sure if you solved your tag issue yet or not but foximus has the best plan. I work at a dealership and always put these stupid things on. get a GM bracket and you can do it yourself very easily with rivets. I think there are even little dimples on the bumper to help you locate the bracket straight on the bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.