Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my name is Josh, i live in Atlanta. Ive had my 06 cobalt LS sedan since march and its been nothing but problems. I love the car just wish it would have so many issues. Ive changed both hub bearings, and all the bearings in the transmission (cost around 1279) And now i have an issue you can read about here http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/problems-service/23014-i-need-help-its-odd-problem.html#post477896 Hopefully the info i learned here will fix it once and for all... or a while. I hope to hang out here, learn more about my car, and try to keep it on the road...

Nice to meet you all, and so far my experience has been awesome on this forum

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Hello, my name is Josh, i live in Atlanta. Ive had my 06 cobalt LS sedan since march and its been nothing but problems. I love the car just wish it would have so many issues. Ive changed both hub bearings, and all the bearings in the transmission (cost around 1279) And now i have an issue you can read about here http://www.yourcobalt.com/forums/problems-service/23014-i-need-help-its-odd-problem.html#post477896 Hopefully the info i learned here will fix it once and for all... or a while. I hope to hang out here, learn more about my car, and try to keep it on the road...

Nice to meet you all, and so far my experience has been awesome on this forum
Finally somebody else from the ATL area.
Im in kennesaw, post some pics of your ride!

weird youve had so many problems. ive only had one, and it was the cat converter...and it got fixed under warranty! :knocksonwood:

·
Banned
163 Posts
id take it to the dealer see what they have to say it should be covered maybe a electrical problem but iv heard of this happening before on the g5 site

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I don't know why, but you just have your Balts that are shit and then you have some that are nice, maybe different manufacturing plants, or something...regardless, what it comes down to is proper and preventive maintenance(not saying you haven't properly maintaned your Cobalt). I have raw dogged the piss out of my Cobalt for the past 12 Months and no issues, Foximus has a 2006 with over 100,000 miles and it's running just fine, all you'll have to do, is get it back up to spec. . .maintain it, and she'll be just fine for ya...sad to hear about all of the problems but hopefully we can help you figure them out and get you to lovin your Cobalt as much as I love mine...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally somebody else from the ATL area.
Im in kennesaw, post some pics of your ride!

weird youve had so many problems. ive only had one, and it was the cat converter...and it got fixed under warranty! :knocksonwood:
sorry for the long delay in the reply.

Awesome, nice i work near the Big Chicken. Ive added pics at the end of the post

id take it to the dealer see what they have to say it should be covered maybe a electrical problem but iv heard of this happening before on the g5 site
yeah i did and of course they couldnt figure it out and wanted to spend hours "trying to fix it" lol

I don't know why, but you just have your Balts that are shit and then you have some that are nice, maybe different manufacturing plants, or something...regardless, what it comes down to is proper and preventive maintenance(not saying you haven't properly maintaned your Cobalt). I have raw dogged the piss out of my Cobalt for the past 12 Months and no issues, Foximus has a 2006 with over 100,000 miles and it's running just fine, all you'll have to do, is get it back up to spec. . .maintain it, and she'll be just fine for ya...sad to hear about all of the problems but hopefully we can help you figure them out and get you to lovin your Cobalt as much as I love mine...

yeah i know and its always my luck i get the bad one. My grandparents have an 05 and havent had to do a thing to it. Theirs is an amazing ride.... i really hope i can fix this and have a love for it. I feel like im sitting on egg shells everytime i drive it just waiting for the next thing to go wrong :(

thanks to everyone for the welcome and help

heres my car:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.