Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I'm Currently Waiting for a call to beable to go pick up my first newer car. :p
17 right now, Turning 18 this Summer, Yeah, Just a kid.

I have an Application (with family aswell of course,) for the family to get me a newer car until im 18 and can start paying it off myself.

Car:
2006 Cobalt LT, 2.2L.
2 Door, Standard.

before this I have owned 2 cavaliers, So I have some Experience with the J-body (or whatever its called. D: Half asleep right now.)

I have always wondered, But to, nervous to really wait, but is the Body roll in the car just as bad as the cavalier? I almost had to go out and buy Coilovers for my cavalier just so It'd be a smoother ride for me, until the car died.

But besides this, If the app goes through for my family. (which it should noo problem,) I should be able to have the car by later this evening.

If it goes through, pictures will be take and posted, along with more statistics.

·
Rocket Power
711 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Good luck! Hope everything works out!

·
Registered
73 Posts
I haven't ridden in a cavi in a while, but I can tell you the body roll isn't bad in the cobalt. My 08 lt has got a pretty nice and tight suspension right out of the factory. Coil-overs will not make much of a difference in body roll. What you want are sway bars.

I'm very new to this forum as well, but I welcome you none-the-less!

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update!

Went to the Dealership, Everything went through well. Signed all the last documents.
Was given my bill of sales, Got the plate that I need for the car, Now we wait for the "Delivery". Or whatever they need to get the Okay on it to be taken off the lot.

Sad thing is, Good friday, so everywhere is closed, meaning It wont be until Saturday, where there is only about a 3 hour Window of possible time to get the car, and if not. Sunday is Easter, so for all I know, Monday Is when I can actually pick it up!

Pretty Excited!

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
From what I remember as I still have a cavalier in my old Cobalt LS the body roll was there and seemed about the same as my 97 cavalier, probably tires played into it or made it seem to be bad because in my 2003 cavalier I did not notice roll too much unless I was really trying to fly around corners. Congrats on the "new" ride and welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the Warm welcomes! :)

First thing I'm probably going to do to the car Aftermarket wise, is Rims.
Hard to find cheap used ones though, Since I wont be able to afford the new ones. :p

·
hawaii icon
3,089 Posts
Awesomesauce!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.