Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, found this site while looking for issues related to my 2010 cobalt LS coupe, mainly going onto my second front left speaker as it keeps cutting in and out, and in the winter my trunk gets condensation in it.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Bad seals in the trunk. Go to a junk yard and rip the rubber seal out or pay full price for new at the stealership . Speaker issue I cant speak to although my fronts havent worked since I bought the car (just havent cared enough) but I have seen a couple threads rolling around on the topic. I think it was the connectors between the wire and speaker. Welcome to the site.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Welcome! On mine it was the contacts that had corroded. I cleaned the connector and used a fiberglass brush to clean speaker contacts. Gave a little more tension to plug contacts by bending them a little, added dialectic grease and it did the trick. Be careful not to damage the moisture barrier if you decide to do it yourself. If you accidentally tear it make sure you tape the tear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bonus on mine, is I have the 100,000 Km warranty, and my electrical is warrantied till 60,000 kms ( I know most of you are americans but I foget the conversion ) soo all I do is call the dealership and have it replaced, if this keeps going on then I will see if I can get it fixed every year under warranty =)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.