Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blink1:

Hey I'm new here just wanted to introduce myself... I'm Stormie. Just bought my new Cobalt and have BIG plans! Looking forward to new ides!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok... ok...

I love it here... and I posted a pic of my Cobalt the day I bought her... I have since put exhaust on and new headlights... they aren't as blue as I wanted.. so I gotta get some new ones.. I have SUPER HUGE Plans! ;)

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
Don't go too blue or you will be wasting light output in a spectrum your eye doesn't really see. I came down to 6000°K because of that reason. Had 7500°K and they look OK but light output for same wattage is poor.

·
Super Moderator
11,821 Posts
5300°K is your best output with some blue to it but most go to 6000°k. That's what I have in mine though I am thinking about selling the HID kit, only had it a month but I want to go back to Halogens, backasswards I know.
OEM housings are not designed for High Intensity arc Discharge bulbs and give out light still a little to high and intense in low beam.

As far as halogens goes I can't even find the 5500°K anymore so I had to go with 6000°K which is OK. It as a slight blueish tint and very white. Letters on signs really standout.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Don't go too blue or you will be wasting light output in a spectrum your eye doesn't really see. I came down to 6000°K because of that reason. Had 7500°K and they look OK but light output for same wattage is poor.
Thnx for the insight... at the moment i have 8500k... i want to go to 10000k. but not so sure now. I love the blue lights for some reason! lol

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
OEM housings are not designed for High Intensity arc Discharge bulbs and give out light still a little to high and intense in low beam.

As far as halogens goes I can't even find the 5500°K anymore so I had to go with 6000°K which is OK. It as a slight blueish tint and very white. Letters on signs really standout.
thanks though I knew this years ago. They were a gift for x mas so I put them in, figure just about everyone else in my area running them in their stock housings blinding me I would fit in. However I did adjust mine after the first day and have not been flashed, and if I do, I'll just kindly flash back really blinding them hahaha.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.