Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, after researching things i would like to put on the balt, i have new ideas and how im planning to put this all together.

1. Cat-back exhaust (i know ive been saying this for quite a while, but things came up, expensive things)
2. Pedders springs, with SS/TC shocks & struts combo
3. Injen cai
4. black headlights and taillights. (may just get some night shade for the tails)
5. 17 in. black rims with of course new tires
6. 2.5 downpipe
7. headers from bad mab (installed right before tune)
8. 2.4 tb and maybe a 2.4 intake manifold (installed right before tune)
9. Trifecta tune. (ive heard good reviews so i chose this)
10. a body kit of either from rk sport, extreme dimensions, or AIT

I plan to get most, if not all of this finished by the middle of next summer in 2013. 1-3 will be done by the end of this year in december, hopefully. let me know what you guys think!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds good, dude! I plan on doing the same for 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7. Which cat-back do you think you'll be going with?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good, dude! I plan on doing the same for 1, 3, 4, 6, and 7. Which cat-back do you think you'll be going with?
That would be nice for the SS bruh! but since mine is a base model, got to do more to make it better.

for the cat-back, i was thinking of just an ebay cat-back. you know, the ones that cost less than $200. lol. but thats pretty much the only thing ill get from ebay. the rest of the items are from zzp, ottp, and bad mab. (most from zzp)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Why not search the vendors for your exhaust? They usually have some great stuff with great deals. I just grabbed a Megan Drift Spec for about $365, that's about $100 off msrp, through a vendor.

I hear ya with ZZP. I'm gonna grab their header and dp catted combo with the next paycheck. I'm on the fence about my intake. I dunno if I want the 3" ZZP or the Injen CAI/SAR interchangeable.. thing. lol

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
i've never heard anyone complain about an injen intake. Seems to be universally accepted as a great intake

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not search the vendors for your exhaust? They usually have some great stuff with great deals. I just grabbed a Megan Drift Spec for about $365, that's about $100 off msrp, through a vendor.

I hear ya with ZZP. I'm gonna grab their header and dp catted combo with the next paycheck. I'm on the fence about my intake. I dunno if I want the 3" ZZP or the Injen CAI/SAR interchangeable.. thing. lol
Nice, ill have a look but i dont really mind if the cat-back im getting is branded or not. but for headers, dp and other things, i need great quality. besides, the1 exhaust i saw on ebay had great reviews. not known very well as most other brands, but not too worried about the 2 exhaust i saw there.

ZZP is very popular i hear for the cobalts, so i trust them. For ottp, (over the top performance) is new to me. im checking it out to see what they got, but they got the pedders and sstc shock/struts combo for about $610. Plus shipping of course. thats how i found out about them

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

i've never heard anyone complain about an injen intake. Seems to be universally accepted as a great intake
i was going to get k&n but was aware of the maf issues some people have been getting. Now since im getting injen, and i still have an SAI in my car, ill have to figure out a way to connect that thing into the intake. i know a way to, but havnt really looked into it yet.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
guys seem to be happy with their tsudo exhaust other than slightly bad hanger fitment and some people complain about the tip rusting within 2-3 years. If I thought I would've been happier with any exhaust louder than my gmpp performance I would've 100% bought the tsudo

·
Registered
584 Posts
Don't get pedders, I've seen to many people complain that they sag after on the car for a while, a lot of people are having to replace wheel wells and tires cuz of the sag.
They normally put stock springs back on or buy a different brand.

[Insert signature here]

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
ssc springs is what you want. About the same stance only they don't sag. They're also canadian so thats good too, probably why they're the best :p

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I was a but upset when i found out they weren't American, but not much on these cars really are except the name and even that is technically owned by China right now!

They are great springs and i have nothing but praise for the setup. You are on the right track to be fully bolted. Let us know if you have questions.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ssc springs is what you want. About the same stance only they don't sag. They're also canadian so thats good too, probably why they're the best :p
ive heard that ssc springs are nice as well. i never heard of "sagging" but im barely getting into the automotive tech field. but what if i use the ssc springs on my stock shocks and struts? im still getting the fe5 shocks & struts soon or later, with or after the springs. just want to be prepared so i dont waste money on bad quality things like my friend did with his camaro lol

·
Registered
304 Posts
go on css and check out the yyz (I think) springs thread in the suspension section. apparently a much better spring then pedders and same drop

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
ive heard that ssc springs are nice as well. i never heard of "sagging" but im barely getting into the automotive tech field. but what if i use the ssc springs on my stock shocks and struts? im still getting the fe5 shocks & struts soon or later, with or after the springs. just want to be prepared so i dont waste money on bad quality things like my friend did with his camaro lol
As long as you're going to upgrade to fe5 gear in the future I wouldnt hesitate on putting them on your stock struts for now. I mean these springs will probably kill them but you'll be upgrading the struts once you get the money so meh. Probably buy yourself 6 months or so

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
go on css and check out the yyz (I think) springs thread in the suspension section. apparently a much better spring then pedders and same drop
cool, ill go and check em out. any pictures? would like to see how they would look

As long as you're going to upgrade to fe5 gear in the future I wouldnt hesitate on putting them on your stock struts for now. I mean these springs will probably kill them but you'll be upgrading the struts once you get the money so meh. Probably buy yourself 6 months or so
ok, so ill just have to make plans this fall. that is if i at least find a part time job at a dealership or car shop. general maintenance for flat rate is whats going to happen mostly. ha

·
Premium Member
3,700 Posts
This ^^if you want performance and supposedly a little lower than peddars. If you want "low" get coilovers.
Also Turbo tech's upper engine mount is a GREAT bang for the buck mod.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.