Chevy Cobalt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i am new to the site obviously. i do not have a cobalt yet, but i will be buying 1 in the next couple weeks. i wanted to see what everyone has to say about them and to see if there are any common problems with them. the cobalt im getting is a 06 LT sedan that is that copper orange. i am thinking about doing an SS swap into it, but i am not sure. any suggestions would be great. thanks

·
Registered
978 Posts
welcome to yc

·
I cut stuff
6,238 Posts
Welcome! this forum is awesome! there are a few common problems just like any car in the world has. a few I can think of right now are

electric power steering recall
blower motor gets noisy
brake rotors warp fairly easy

ummm not really anything majorly bad that i can think of other than the power steering but that is a recall and is replaced for free.

I have had no major problems with my car so far and I'm at 12,000 miles now. I had an A/C line and a taillight replaced on warranty so far.

oh one other thing, it seems like a lot of people are having power window problems but I have manual windows lol.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
welcome! by ss swap I assume you mean motor swap... its not worth it. you're better off boosting the stock motor or finding an ss

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks all yeah i did mean engine swap, i am thinking about doing that because i might be able to get a totaled SS for much less than what it would cost just to boost it. but im still waiting to get the cobalt, need my prelude to sell first so i have the cash for it. lol but im going to buy it fosho!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
check out my for sale thread.. im selling mine for less than you will spend on a lt...

stage two supercharged and g85 package... arival blue...

one of a kind...

pm me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.